Vaginal cuts on lower left labial

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Vaginal cuts on lower left labial

I am 42 yrs. old. I have been having small itchy and painful cuts on my lower left labial for the past 3 years. I also have a white film like over that area.  I was tested for std. but everything came back negative.  I have also experienced small bumps that are very painful and at time may bleed. I have noticed that I am very moist most of the time and therefore, my primary prescribed a one time pill for discharge.  That has not helped.  I have tried peroxide to see if it would help.  To no avail.  I have also tried over the counter hydrocortisone creams but that has not help either.  I have been married for 18 yrs.  However, my husband has not complained about and rashes for a long time.  I believe I may have herpes because I of the small bumps, but it's has been a long time since.  Although I know that there is no cure for this.  Can you advise me.  I am due for a phsycal & gyn exam next month and would like to talk to me phsycian.
Seems your problem may be similar to mine. I have been tested twice for herpes and both time negative. My gyn assured me the tests were accurate and that any number of things can cause the sores. I have been reading a lot of info on folliculitis and that is something to consider
Herpes can show up as cut-type lesions. You didn't mention what type of herpes test you had done. If you haven't had a type-specific, IGg based blood test for herpes I would suggest you have one done. The only problem with these is that HSV-1 can be either oral or genital, so if it's positive for that it could just indicate oral infection. And if you haven't had cold sores/oral herpes outbreaks before, you won't know from the results whether it is oral or genital. HSV-2 is almost always genital, from what I have read.

The swab tests are supposed to be done on a fresh lesion (ie, within 48 hours of its appearance), and even then are not 100% accurate. So, if the blood test indiactes HSV-1 only and you haven't had a culture done on a fresh lesion you might want to do so the next time you get one of the cuts. Maybe do the same for the bumps too, although they don't sound particularly like herpes to me - ask your doctor what he/she thinks.

Too much info? lol Good luck, hope you are able to get to the bottom of this.