Very Reddish Skin with Cut above eyelid of my Right Eye

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi:
Above eyelid of my right eye, a very reddish skin accompanied with a tiny cut has been developing since last Monday.  It appears I got 'Black Eye.' It's quite embarassing to look at my face in the morning.

I have this form of skin-problem for the past seven or eight years, ... reddish skin above eyelid of my eye.  It never happened on both eyelids, tho'.  Always skin right above, very close to one of eyelids at a time.  

However, this time the things got really awful, even starting to swell around the eyelid due to cut which I can NOT recall how I got this 'cut.'

Wonder what form of skin problem above the eyelid of my right eye I got? Everyday, I keep applying crean and bactine that helps some but still no much to heal it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

More likely it is eczema, a local sensitivity usually no triggered by anything in particular.  I recommend that you try 1% hydrocortisone twice a day on the lid.  If it's eczema, it should get much better in 2-3 days.  If not, let a doctor have a look.  Don't use hydrocortisone constantly in that area, but a couple of days is safe, and should tell the tale.

If moisturizers on their own don't help and the eczema is severe, a doctor may prescribe topical corticosteroid ointments, creams, or injections. Corticosteroids have traditionally been considered the most effective method of treating severe eczema.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination if your symptoms persist.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
Mario badescu control cream...after months of anguish I read this on a thread and it worked like a charm on my dry cracked eyelid within two days. I was so grateful to get that info that I have to help others with the same problem. Order online for $18
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers