Weird Wart

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weird Wart

Ok, so I've been having this wart for about three to four weeks now. It has been growing over since but it seems that now it has shrunk. I've been putting a liquid on it which is like salicylic acid or something like that. It freezes up but I peel it off to put a new application. The other day I peeled it off and the white stuff came out of it. My parents have been bugging me lately saying the medicine keeps making it bigger, and they're bugged about it. But when I peeled it off and the white stuff came out, the medicine also took a chunk of the wart with it. Now it's dry with some of the surrounding skin around it off but it still has some of the wart cauliflower thing on it. Some black dots are scattered, what should I do about it? The dermatologist asks for 95 dollars for a consultation and My mom thinks thats too much. What should I do to get rid of it?
Warts  often regrows after the skin has healed.Treatments that may be prescribed by a medical professional include Keratolysis, removal of dead surface skin cells usually using salicylic acid.
-Cryosurgery, which involves freezing the wart (generally with liquid nitrogen), creating a blister between the wart and epidermal layer, after which the wart and surrounding dead skin falls off by itself.
-Surgical curettage of the wart.
-Laser treatment. But all these three would require you to see a dermatologist.
You can try Imiquimod, a topical cream that helps the body's immune system fight the wart virus by encouraging interferon production.
Another over-the-counter product that can aid in wart removal is silver nitrate in the form of a caustic pencil, which is also available at drug stores. This method generally takes three to six daily treatments to be effective. The instructions must be followed to minimize staining of skin and clothing.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wart

But what should I do with the remaining piece of the wart? It's getting hard but I don't know if it's just gonna stay like that or if it's gonna fall off. Should I keep applying the salicylic acid?