Dermatology Community
Weird bump/lump/pimple/boil/absess under mole
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird bump/lump/pimple/boil/absess under mole

About a week and a half ago I had this redness like a beginning of a pimple grow under my mole. Where the puss is suppose to be is where the mole lies. I have cystic acne and I also had a black hair coming out of it. Well, because I was a teen then.. not long ago I would say maybe a couple months ago.. i'm 20 now and I pulled it when I was 19 (just turned 20) I pulled it out.. maybe a ingrown hair. but anyways, I've been washing it two times a day with a acne wash that usually works on my other cystic acne really well.. with Ben. per. lotion as well. Well this one does not want to budge and come to a head. It def. feels different then my other big pimples. It's hard.. it feels like you put a hersheys kiss in there lol but not as big... like you bit it in half. The redness and inflammation def. did subside. It's not as painful to the touch like it was.. if I push hard on it it still hurts though. It's sometimes purple like my other acne and then it turns into a pinkish red in the morning when I wake up. Then it slowly gets darker through out the day because I constantly poke at it probably.. -.- I know I shouldn't but I'm mental.

Anyways, it's the size of a quarter, feels like a half bitten Hershey kiss.. in a couple days it'll be there officially for two weeks. What do I do? Is it a ingrown hair? How can I get rid of it? Just takes some time? Any help would be appreciated. I really do not want to go to the ER and have them poke it or put anything sharp to it I will pass out almost immediately. I am terrified of it.  On top of that I'm broke, have no insurance, and I want to make sure if I go to the ER it's worth it. So if you have been through this or you know what may be going on all your help is sincerely appreciated. Ty!