Weird bumps on face,neck, and hands.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weird bumps on face,neck, and hands.

I'm female and 20 years old. A few days ago I noticed that I had a few raised bumps on the top of my hands. They don't itch or burn, or hurt at all. My boyfriend noticed that I had some of the same bumps on my neck and then I noticed that most of my face is covered in these bumps. the left side of my face feels a bit tingly but that's all. I tried to look it up on the internet and read up on heat rash. Could it be that?

These bumps can be due to folliculitis skin, heat rash or viral rashes like herpes. Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry. You can apply antibiotic cream such as Neosporin or Mupirocin also. If symptoms persist then you may need to get herpes ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!  The bumps have gone away from my arms, neck as well as my face. I think it was probably heat rash, I usually cover myself up with sweaters and such. Again, Thank you!