Aa
A
A
Close
What is making me itch?
I'm a 33 year old female that decided to get more serious about my skin care after noticing a few forehead wrinkles. I've tried two different sensitive-skin daily moisturizers with SPF, and both caused a very mild rash with noticeable itching around my jawline.

I also use a mineral makeup that seems to make me itch slightly. If I wear a cream foundation underneath the mineral powder I don't seem to get any reaction, since I think the foundation is providing a barrier. However, a light dusting of the powder mineral makeup alone has me itching after a few hours.

I can't find a common ingredient. I'm trying to be better about using a daily sunblock, but the waste of money has got me discouraged. Same for the mineral makeup. It looks *fantastic* but I'm always itchy by the end of the night.

Any suggestions are very appreciated :)
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1340994 tn?1374197577
It sounds like the powder is too drying for you.  Revlon Photoready foundation is good for me.  I am having trouble giving up powder to set my makeup, but I am cutting back due to dry skin.  The moisturizer I am most impressed with is Avalon Organics Vitamin C sun-aging defense Moisture Plus Lotion.  It really softens skin texture appearance for me.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources