Dermatology Community
White bump in my one year old's mouth?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

White bump in my one year old's mouth?

I noticed a couple of days ago that my 16 month old son had something white inside his mouth behind his bottom lip. I dismissed it as a canker sore, however today I noticed it grew and it looks like two overlapping white bumps. They are not painful since I touched them and he had no reaction. They are hard bumps; I have never seen those types of bumps on myself or any of my other children. What could it be??
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
For such symptoms mucocle needs to be ruled out. If he is getting such bumps on hands and feet then viral diseases like hands, foot and mouth disease need to be ruled out. Mucocele is a rubbery, bubble like painless swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip, under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...