White bump in my one year old's mouth?
I noticed a couple of days ago that my 16 month old son had something white inside his mouth behind his bottom lip. I dismissed it as a canker sore, however today I noticed it grew and it looks like two overlapping white bumps. They are not painful since I touched them and he had no reaction. They are hard bumps; I have never seen those types of bumps on myself or any of my other children. What could it be??
For such symptoms mucocle needs to be ruled out. If he is getting such bumps on hands and feet then viral diseases like hands, foot and mouth disease need to be ruled out. Mucocele is a rubbery, bubble like painless swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip, under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.