White rings under the skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White rings under the skin

Ok, occasionally I get these white rings under my skin, usually in the palms of my hands or the soles of my feet..they're raised white rings just under the skin that're painful to the touch not like "Oh my god can't take it" pain but annoying constant dull almost burning pain, they usually go away within a day or so but I just wanna know what they are..any ideas?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

For raised white rings beneath the skin, you may have a fungal infection or a ringworm, a lichenified skin, psoriasis, and parasitic infections. These are just differentials. Based on what you have mentioned, you have only noted these white bumps on localized areas of the palm and soles.

Is there any history of recent travel? Does your occupation require you to have direct contact with soil or animals?
Nope no recent travel. And I'm unemployed and can't say I've touched a live animal in...months..and now the rings are gone but I had them about a week ago and yesterday so I assume they'll come back..any suggested home treatments?
My husband got a white ring under his skin on the back of his forearm.  It looks as if he has been branded, but, the ring disappears.  He told me that he saw another ring on his stomach today, it doesn't hurt but itches.  Any suggestions?
I am having the same problem, I get these itchy white rings on my palms and feet... i've even marked one and it apperently has moved. After they "die" i am left with a red blotch kind of like a bruise. I've been looking all over the internet to for solutions, though have had no luck.

Question: Do the rings you have clump together? Do they throb?
i also have this problem and its driving me nuts. they are little white rings that come and go on my feet and palms of my hands. i want to get rid of them. they are irritatingly itchy and burn when i itch them. nothing seems to work. if anybody figures this out please email me at ***@****
I think I am having this problem.  It started tonight, and it is keeping me up.  I have never seen these things before in my life but there is a small one on my right index finger and a larger one on the thumb of my left hand.  They itch like crazy and scratching them only makes it worse.  At first I couldn't even see the rings but after they started to itch so bad that I couldn't take it I ran my hands under hot water after which the rings revealed themselves.  I think this may be the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me.  I also noticed that after a few hours the one on my index finger grew.  What are these things??
I think I'm having the same problem. I'm gettin them on the sole of foot and they burn when I itch them, they almost look like spaghetti oh's when I press on them. Anybody know what this is its driving me nuts!
Did you get an answer? I'm having the same symptoms now, with chronic itching and no help from the web.  I saw a doctor who couldn't diagnose it either.  I anyone in this chat found out what it is, please tell me.