Dermatology Expert Forum
White spot on lip
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White spot on lip

About 4 months ago, a white spot about the size of a pencil eraser appeared in the corner of my lower lip.  It looks like a small blister except it is flat with no fluid in it and doesn't hurt.  There is no lump in the lip.  It seems to be more gray color in the morning and white in the afternoon.  It just looks like a small piece of white skin but it doesn't go away.  What do you think this is and should I just ignor it.  It doesn't cause any problem-just makes me curious as to what it is.  We live in the winter in Tucson where there is a lot of sun but I use chap stick with a SPF of 15.  Again, it has no feeling and is perfectly flat.  Would appreciate your evaluation.  Thanks