White spots under the Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White spots under the Skin

For the last 2 or 3 years I had started to notice small white, which looked like pigment spots under my skin (not on)and when i would rub them they would dissapear for a second then come back...I will start by saying that I smoke, have for the pst few years, The spots really show up if I bend over clipping toe nails or shaving, its almost like a loss of blood to the hands, the spots go from my underarm by my elbow where they are concentrated alot and speckle all the way down my arm and then on the top of my hands the spots are speckled over the knuckles. I can not find any pictures or diseases anything to match what I am trying to explain. I am white and if i bend over and reach for my toes it seems to make more spots on both underarms all the way down. I have also a few spots on the center of my butt cheek, At this point I really dont know what to do. I talked to my doctor and he said it was normal....Idk

There could be several causes of these white spots. It would be best to consult your doctor with your parents to find out the cause in your case and plan the further management accordingly.

Some of the perceived causes are emotional stress, hereditary factors, worms, sunburns and physical illness. This skin condition can be aggravated due to diseases like hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, pernicious anemia and Addison's disease.

Fungal infections of the human body are very common, and are often quite bothersome. One such example is a condition known as tinea versicolor, a superficial yeast infection that produces white spots on the skin that are difficult to remove.

You should talk to your doctor and rule out the above causes.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.