Dermatology Community
White when wet
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

White when wet

I have had problems with calluses on my heel of my foot. I have tried shaving off the callus and that seems to work but the past couple months ive had this patch that turns white when wet for a short period of time. I figured it was just the callus reacting to being wet but seems no matter how much I shave the skin off that area it doesnt go away. Ive shaved so much ive broken the skin. What should I do to get rid of this?
Tags: Foot
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
More to the field of podiatrist.However may be to do with your arch of foot,or other foot morphology,footwear problems.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
For calluses,pls apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften calluses.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist,then pls go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

Blank
its more an issue with the way that area turns white. its not the whole heel of the foot its just a patch around the side. Not sure if its because there still is some callused skin there or if its just what damaged skin does when wet and I need to let it be for some time. Like i said before I have shaved so much there that it has caused bleeding. So I cant imagine there is more callused skin there.
Blank
did you ever get this figured out? i have the same thing!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...