Dermatology Expert Forum
Worried about possible Fordyce spots around pennis shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have what looks like Fordyce spots or sebaceous prominence judging from pics on the net.  I am in my upper 20's and have had the flesh colored bumps for years. There are 100's of them around the shaft and scrotum. On the shaft they are 1/4 way down in a semi straight clustered line flowing towards the topside of my shaft, in one area. Does this sound like the proper diagnosis?  I haven't always had them. They appeared a few years ago. They never grow or go away.  If this is FS or SP is there any treatment to rid the obvious ones?

Sebaceous prominence sounds like the proper diagnosis.  This is a normal anatomical variant that means nothing.  There is no point in trying to remove them, and no need to either.  I'm not sure why you're concerned about them now, after these years.  Perhaps a new partner has expressed concern.  In any event, just let a doctor check you in person so you'll know for sure, and then forget about them.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
i think i have the same thing, ive had them for years they are really embarrasing. i have them on bace of penis and on testies.
i have had these spots for about 6 months and i get more and more frequently, i get them on my foreskin, shaft, base and testicles i also have pearly white penile on my penis aswel as a thick red line from my forskin down to the base, i no there is no known cure for any of these things but i would like to know whether there is an operation or dermatology that would be useful as i feel down about these symptoms thanks

DJ
I also have had these embarrassing spots over my scrotum and penis for 30 of 40 years and yesterday I finally had the courage to talk to my doctor about them.  I have always been ashamed of them and felt that I was "different" because of them.  In my overactive imagination I would envisage drastic surgery as the only method to rid me of them!
My doctor took one look and said "yes, that's normal".  I couldn't believe my ears.  For years, through my own shame, I have been carrying around unneccessary baggage.  So I would like to offer my own reassurance to those also blessed with these little beauties, that they are perfectly normal.