a rash that turned into a bruise

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

a rash that turned into a bruise

my son is 10 months old and he had a rash that began on the side of his cheek and then spread to his ear. now two days later the rash is no longer red and has turned into a really dark purple bruise, he hasnt fallen or anything like that and both ears look bruised. i am concerned because when we went to children's hospital and all they did was a simple finger ***** and say that they are not sure what it is and that they have never seen it. now the blood work came back ok but i am still concerned about the bruise look that the rash has now. this is scary and am concerned but the drs sent us home with an i dont know type attitude. please let me know...thank you