baby eczema
My baby's 4 months and he's got eczema. It is so sever that he's been on antibiotics (Flopen-2ML 4x a day for ten days) for 4 times now. I am worried because the paediatrician who's seeing him gave him ointments and creams which are really strong. I checked the internet and the makers of these ointments say that the product is not safe for children nder two years of age. Also the doctor told me that it is completely safe to use the ointment countinuously but when I went to another doctor, I was told that it should be used for 5 days only. The following creams/ointments were prescribed to us:

Advantan Fatty Ointment
Sigmacort
Diprosone Lotion
Elocon Cream
Bactroban Ointment

Now I'm too scared to use them that even when my baby's eczema flares up, I only use Cetaphil or QV Lotion. Please comment.
Lotion your baby up every night.  With non scented eucedrin (sp.?)lotion.  No products in bath, check your laundry detergent and make sure it is scent/dye free.  We use elidel and something stronger that I'm not sure of name now, most importantly lotion up regularly.  Find a doctor you can trust.
I have been dealing with eczema too. I have found that the only lotion I can use that works and helps his skin is St Ives lotion. Also switched to only bathing every 2 days or 3 days. It has helped a lot.
1) You need to go to a better doctor..

2) My doctor, who is absolutely great told me that bleach baths have worked wonders for small babies with eczema (1/8 cup in a bath tub "full" of water three times a week; however, you should ask your NEW doctor about this) - after the bath, you need to use petrolatum or aquafore? to moisturize the skin

4) Do not bathe your baby too often, cleaning takes moisture away from the skin. Moisture protects the skin

3) Your baby needs to be free of dusty environments, cats, detergents, any type of odor (including Glade candles, scents, and other terrible aromas that are often marketed for households)

My doctor recommended bleach baths as well.  A capful or two for entire bath.
what is bleach bath?