Dermatology Community
bad pain since using curanail
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bad pain since using curanail

Hello everyone,
I have been using Curanail for over a month now because I have an infection in two toe nails. My doctor prescribed this for me. After a few weeks, I have been experiencing pain on one of my toe nails, the biggest one. I feel this when I move my toe up and down, go on tip of my toes while standing up or even when I do nothing. I feel it on and underneath the nail and even through my toe. I also feel a bit of a burning sensation under my nail. Despite of these problems my toe nail does look a bit better. My Doctor said to me that the infection is mild, it's not noticeable unless if you look very closely. I read the instructions and I remember that one rare side affect that the nail might come off.. I'm just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me because so far I can't find any one with my problem. I can't ask my doctor because I'm currently on a long holiday. If you have any ideas, I would really appreciate any help because I'm getting worried. I need to use this treatment because I have the infection but I don't want to use it if it will make it worse...
Thank you :)
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
995833_tn?1375604252
When confronted with pain in the great toe one should go a liile further, especially since the infection is minimal. 'Gout' is a condition with deposits of uric acid crystals on the joints, especially the great toe. Do get your serum uric acid levels done.
Blank
995833_tn?1375604252
'Little further"- excuse the typographic error.
Blank
I don't have symptoms of gout such as on the joint I feel nothing there or other symptoms that I have read. Just sometimes I get what I explained in my post.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It is important to get paronychia, bacterial infection of the nailbed and gout (if pain is inside the toe) to be ruled out.

Paronychia results from a breakdown of the protective barrier between the nail and the nail fold.

Treatment includes warm water soaks of the affected finger 3-4 times per day, oral antibiotics, topical antifungals and surgical intervention in more severe cases. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...