Dermatology Expert Forum
balanitia???

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

balanitia???

hi im a 20 year old male who is uncircumsized..i started getting a large red rash on the head of penis and also on forskin in septmeber of 2005. along with the rash the head seemed to be wrinkled and turned gray..the shaft of my penis sometime gets red in the middle also..i was tested in november of 2005 for herpes and everything else and it all came back negative..however the level on the herpes are not close to being postive but it makes me wonder hsv 1 level was .26 and hsv 2 was .09 and no hsv antibodies were found. when this started happening i was living in a very old house and my allergies were acting up to..every week now its a new spot on my penis that gets red and occasionally a couple slightly raised purple looking dots appear, they dont look like they want to burst and do not itch. i also have a burning feeling to..my doctor assured me that i dont have herpes but i still feel scared because something is going on.i went to the urologist but everything looked normal at that hour that i went..do herpes symptoms come and go in the matter or hours or day..please help me out its driving me crazy. thank you
You've seen two doctors who told you that you're OK.  I think you should believe them.  Your blood tests were negative.  Your rash sounds like minor irritation, nothing more.  It sounds nothing like herpes.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I have debating whether to post my problem becomes it seems to be so speratic. But I suffer from a lot of the same symptoms as mentioned above. I have read other threads in other forums that have come close but I haven't been able to pin point the answer.
I do know forsure that this is a result of having unprotected sex on Dec.9,2005.

Approximately 2-3 hours after having unprotected sex and while taking a shower, I had been worried and was paying particular attention in washing my gential (genital) area. While washing the tip of my penis under water pressure I had a sharp pain come from inside my urethra approximately 1 inch down. At first I thought I got some soap down my urethra and then started thinking what if some bacteria or something might have slipped down there?. It only lasted for a second and then went away but I had never had a pain like that before in my penis. Approximately 2 days later I then had the constant urge to urinate even when I didn't have to, my face was hot to the touch and then this small quarter of a dime purple hicky like mark started to come up from under my skin at the tip of my penis on the right side of the meatus at the urethra opening. The urge to urinate lasted for approximately 5 days in total and my hot to the touch face went away as well. But the purple mark would come and go.

Approximately 2 weeks after that I went to the Dr.'s and was tested for Chlamydia where I tested negative. Over the past 4 1/2 month's I have been debating to back to the Dr.'s because I feel that I'm going to get some bad news. Since then the purple mark and slightly swollen right side of the meatus comes and goes almost hourly it seams and have what looks like to me a very faint redish rash that comes and goes on the shaft of my penis and scrotum. And this is the hardest thing to describe, when my penis is in it's normal state, at the top of my penis I have these small blotch marks that come and go as well that look like some type of pigmentation deprivation or something. It almost looks like small blotchs where blood is not flowing to because when I'm erect they disappear and I know they weren't there pre Dec.9. Maybe 2-3 times a week I will get a sharp pain coming from the right side of the meatus where the purple mark fades in and out but doesn't completely go away. And yesterday when I was having protected sex and immediately after ejaculating I had that sharp pain from 1 inch down inside my urethra which has happened a few times over the past 4 months.

I know your going to tell me to go back to the Dr.'s and get checked out, but can you give me a head's up on what to expect or have you heard of the results of others who have written in with the same symptoms. I haven't had any warts or bumps or anything like that but something is definitely wrong and it all stems from Dec.9, I'm 110% sure of that.
A related discussion, Purple mark in uretha was started.