bikini line rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bikini line rash?

I have had a rash on (only the right side) of my bikini line, that i thought my have been heat rash. only it has been there from about a week and is not ichy all the time.. but does jolt in small hits of what feels like pins and needles. It is deep read in colour and can look purple too. It is a fair size (10cm x 5cm). I have tried treating it with calamine, aloe vera gel (but being a gel i think it made it worst by promoting moisture), talc powder (which i think may have helped the most as it absorbed what was oozing of the rash). It makes it heaps worst is the heat and when i have to wear heavy clothing. I thought I also may have been a (allergic) reaction to a new wax i was using but everywhere else along my bikini line is fine and it was about 2 weeks prior the the rash sufacing.

Also I have been to many concerts, gigs and places where I was sweating alot it has also been 35degrees days.

PLEASE, PLEASE help, I can barely stand it. I m only 16, not sexually active and still think it is heat related that has just been prolonged and gotten worse then your standard rash.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly or a mild steroid cream like dermacort applied directly to wet skin after bathing.Also take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin to relieve itching if there is any.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Fungal infections have to be ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards