birthmark
my daughter is 7 years old. she was born with a birthmark behind right ear.  last week i noticed a knot and a brown mark.  she has said that it itches and hurts at times.  a phsychian said it looked like melanoma.  what do you suggest
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a mole or nevus, pyogenic granuloma or some other skin growth(benign or malignant). Melanoma has an irregular border, is asymmetrical,uneven color and increasing in size. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.