blotchy skin on stomach and lower back
im not to sure if it is sun damage, but when i ever tan (in the sun i don't use tanning salons) only bloches of my stomach and lower back with get tan, the rest will remain pale.  I have not noticed to be so visible until i got burnt on my stomach  and sections of my skin looked like they weren't exposed to any sun. I had applied sunscreen over my hole stomach to and didn't miss a spot.
It can be pityriasis versicolor.It is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.
Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

it also only shows up when i get a bit tan