boils and rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

boils and rash

i am 20.I have been suffering from boils in my inner thighs and on my vagina from past one year.they r very painful  and filled with  blood and pus. some boils r big n some are very tiny. i need to squeez them hard to get rid of them.they take atleast ten days to disappear but they dont stop coming bak on different places . i have been gettin them continously since 1 year. and i feel very itchy n the whole area has become so dry n full of marks because of the boils.n i have rash also on my inner thighs.wat should i do. i did use anti biotics but they r of no use.n my skin around that part looks terrible now.
please help...

This discussion is related to Boils/Cycts on Inner, Upper Thighs.
Avatar n tn
Sounds like a condition called Hidradenitis Supportiva. I have suffered with it for years. It is a difficult condition to treat. I have found that not smoking, wearing cotten underwear and avoiding tight fitting pants have helps. I did have 14 cm x 3 cm of skin and small cyst removed from my left groin.

I am not a doctor, just a consumer.

Good luck.
Sherri
From the symptoms they sound like hidradenitis suppurativa. Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin disease that affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands and hair follicles; such as the underarms, groin and buttocks esp in women.

Apply warm compresses on the lumps and keep the area clean. Topical antiseptic treatment and topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment is very useful. If still the lumps persist then specific treatment like antibiotics, vit A supplements, corticosteroid injections, isotretinoin, antiandrogens and sometimes excision and drainage , laser therapy and radiotherapy are found useful. I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.