Dermatology Community
boils on abdomen
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

boils on abdomen

hello doctor,
                i have 3-4 boils on my abdomen area.. i have not been sexually active at all.. most of the boils are small but one in particular is bid.. it is white on top and has a red base.. i have been worrying about this since a few months now.. i would like to know if i can do anything on my own to cure it or will i have to visit a doctor..?? also if u could suggest any measures and tell me what it could be, it would be of great help.. i keep that area as clean as possible but often while im out, the region gets sweaty.. please help me out
Related Discussions
  • strange boils (1 replies):
    i've read some of the responses and questions posted and...[more]
  • bump (1 replies):
    I have a bump on my bikini line. I pop it and blood came...[more]
  • Bumps on head (1 replies):
    I have bumps on my head, more like zits. If popped they...[more]
  • skin problems (1 replies):
    I have tiny red bumps that are on my legs,face, and arms...[more]
  • One red bump (1 replies):
    I have a red bump between my thigh and vagina. I've had ...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
It can be due to folliculitis or boils. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical antibiotics such as Bactroban or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
thanks a lot doctor. i will keep all this in mind and if the need be, will consult a dermatologist. :) also i will keep u posted about the condition.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Raleigh, NC
209987 tn?1451939065
Avatar f tn
Oslo, Norway
4851940 tn?1385441629
United Kingdom