bug bite that won't go away
About 5 weeks ago I had what I thought was a mosquito bite on my arm.  Just a normal bite-sized bump which eventually got a head on it, so I used Prid which seemed to get rid of the pus, but the bump remained.  

About 3 weeks ago the bump got flat but the area just around it was covered with tiny bumps, like a very small rash about the size of a dime.  It never itched.  It stayed that way for 3 weeks and for a few days I thought it was getting better, but now I'm seeing more of the tiny bumps appear in the area.  Just a few, about 5-6 of the tiny bumps, but I am completely flummoxed!  What could this be?

I tried Neosporin, Benadryl cream, and hydrocortizone but they didn't do anything.  I was on an antibiotic for 10 days for an unrelated condition and it didn't affect it, either.  
This sounds like a spider bite.
My sister had a bite on her leg from what she though was a mosquito bite. It stayed for a couple years and reminded me of a wart. She said it was tender when she would bump it and it did stick up. She had it removed and they found staph infection in it. It took a while to heal and turned out to be much bigger than it looked. She had a time with it keeping it open to drain. You may want to go to a dermatoligist to have a look at it. Even spider bites can get infected and cause problems, especially if you have already used topidal antibiotic and a prescription, and  did not help. They  can swab it and take a blood sample, to assure getting the right med. Hope it works out ok.  Bugs seem to carry germs more than ever before.Hope it clears up soon.

The bump was infected but the bacterial infection has likely healed already. I would advise that you stop picking on the bump as blistering may occur if a dermatitic or viral infection may be present. This may not be something serious however if redness and discharge may be present then we may think of a bacteria as a likely cause. However for blisters with no associated pain, a dermatitic skin condition or viral infection may be considered. Some viral infection such as HSV type 1 may be transmitted through direct skin contact.
Thanks for all your answers!  I don't think it's staph because I was just on 10 days of doxycycline.  Also, I'm not picking or scratching at the bump at all, I just leave it alone.  The last time I tried any ointments was a couple weeks ago.
I just wanted to mention that it appears to be fungal -- just in case someone came across this discussion in a search.  I've been using tolnaftate and it is almost completely gone now.