bump on finger knuckle

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump on finger knuckle

I have a small, shallow soft bump on the upper finger knuckle of my right hand; it hurts when I bend or touch it, it is soft and tender with a lite red hue to it similar to a blister that is partially drained. I have had it for three weeks, and it stays about the same, .... does not seem to get any better nor worse.
It can be infected myxoid cyst. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a doctor as you may need incision and drainage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.