bump on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump on lip

8136098?1342168757
Hello, I'm 18 years old. Just today I noticed a small bump on my lip the same color as my lip, painless, and not hard. I looked around for any possible reason and herpes" came up. I am sexually active with my 19 year old boyfriend, but I've never noticed anything on him, and he's the only one I do this with. I attempted to squeeze it, but it only made it bigger. I put ice on it and some Clean and Clear which shrunk it down a little, then I squeezed it and a little clear water came out like a blister. I thought it was gone, but it came back. I squeezed it again, water came out again, and it showed up again only minutes later. Anyone know what it is? And if so, how can I get rid of it?
This lump can be a small cyst or a benign growth of the lips. Since the lump is painless and not changing in size, all these possibilities need to be evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.