bump on my penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump on my penis

i had sex with a girl that new from childhood but didnt know much about her sex life or past.the day after i noticed a bump on the neck of my penis and saw that it had pus coming out of it, it looked like it got scratched from my boxers. i don't have any pain anywhere else and i really don touch or anything like that. and Im not that concerned because i know being worried about it so much can make it become worse. im just tryin to get a professional opinoin on what it might be. any help that can be given to me is very much appriciated. thanks

This discussion is related to Bump on Penis.
Tags: bumps

This could be due to acne/imples/ or infection of the hair follicles called folliculitis or some bacterial infection/ fungal infction or some skin nodules etc.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

It would be best to reconsult your doctor about your symptoms if they do not resolve and get a proper clinical examination.

Keep the area clean and wear clothes washed in a few drops of chlorhexidine preferably and dried in the sun.

You could take oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications for the itching.

Let us know about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
I have a bump on my penis too, it is on the right side near the base of the shaft. it has been there for 6 months or so, it started out slightly purple, but now it's a more definite purple, i haven't been too worried about it. when i first noticed it i picked at it then about 2 months passed and i decided to squeeze it. it didn't pop through the skin but i believe it popped under the skin. recently i have begun to masturbate more and it has grown slightly. about a year ago, i got a wart on my finger if that helps. if you have any answers please let me know.     by the way i am a virgin.
I have a small red actually painful bump on the edge of both my foreskin and the head of my penis, its the second one i have had in the last 3 months and after about two weeks it goes away, its really small and feels hard. It hurts when i pull back the skin on my penis, and it hurts to the touch. I take two showers a day and make sure i clean that area, i dont know what it is but it always goes away, i know its not an STD because i have been tested, and nothing ever comes up, i dont want a dianosis i just want a general idea of what it could be and what i can do to make it go away faster and how to prevent it
I had a friend that ended up from getting scabies, he said he got it from work from what the doctor said cause it was a dirty work place. We usually always smoke together and a few months ago i started to get red itchy bumps here and there on my body. about a week ago or so i got a red bump on the shaft of my penis and it seems to just get bigger. I've tried to pop it but it doesnt pop and sometimes it will randomly itch. I'm guessing its just a scabies bump, but i was just getting paranoid cause i had unprotected sex with someone i wasnt really to sure about. So im just making sure its probably that other than an std or hiv, im going to see a doctor to get something to take care of the scabies. The bump is decently big and wont pot and its just red so if anyone has any information just let me know. thanks