bump under skin after bruise

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump under skin after bruise

This may or may not be a dermatological question.  Back in Nov 2008, my son fell and hit his cheek.  It formed a bruise, then a lump.  He's had the lump now for 8 months and the bruise is gone, but I can see little red capillaries.  Back in December, my doc said it was a calcified bruise and that it may take a year or more to go away.  I have seen him a few times about it, but he still says it will go away after a year or so.  It's still there (about 2 cm) and I'm worried about it.  Does this sound normal and should I worry about it?  Has anyone had experience with such a lump.
The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.Calcium deposits in the hematoma may resolve on its own or surgical debridement may need to be done.Pls consult a surgeon and discuss the option of surgical debridement with him.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards,