bumps, pain , itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bumps, pain , itching

hello everyone..

my question is: on my left shoulder blade I have a patch of skin that is broke out with small red, blister like bumps..
my skin hurts and itches at the site..  it is very annoying.  the fact that my skin hurts like when you run a high fever.. worries me.. and the itching makes me nuts.. i have had my neck and back broke.. and was supposed to have a plate placed in my neck.. but lost my insurance so i havent yet..

I also have red tiny bumps on the back of both upper arms...  please can anyone tell me what is going on?

please email me at

***@****

THANKS
From the description of rash, it looks like shingles. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.