chicken pocks spots on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

chicken pocks spots on face

hi, I am 24 years old. when i was 16, I had chicken pocks all my body and during that time i had to go to my GCSCs final exams. What i had done i try to clear my face due to i was embrassed from my other friends.  After recoverd from chicken pocks i had noticed couple of spots on my face.  It is still same from 8 years and  Spots colour is different from my skin. If you could suggest me any treatment or surgery will be very helpfull for me.

Chicken pox scars are very tough to treat. Application of vitamin E on the scars helps and it should go away in a few days to months. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, photodermabrasion or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.