Dermatology Expert Forum
circular light-red rashes in groin area?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

circular light-red rashes in groin area?

Hello.  

I am 23 years old generally healthy, not overweight, and I practice good hygene.  I haven't been sexually active for over 4 months.  I have never had anything like this happen previously.  

The other day 3 circular/oval rash type things appeared out of no where below my belt line.  One just below my belt line, one a little lower to the right of my genitals, and another on the shaft of my penis.  All about 1 cm in diameter.  There is no itching, pain, or burning.  No pus or bleeding.  They are barely raised, light red, and look kind of like first degree burns.  Over the past 3 days they haven't spread or changed at all.  

As any normal human being would do I freaked out and thought for sure I had an STD.

Later that day I noticed a larger one (close to 2 cm in diameter) parallel to my belly button.  This one is pink and kind of flaky. It is hard to notice at first glance.  I also noticed a few raised pinkish spots on my lower back.

After doing some research I suspected that it may be a fungus, especially since I spend a lot of time sitting in a lazyboy with a computer resting in my lap.

I am in a pivitol point in my life at the moment and don't have health insurance yet.

-Is it imperitive to go see a doctor?

-Does this sound like a STD?

-What should I do about it?

Thanks for your help :)