clear fluid filled bumps on pinky finer

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

clear fluid filled bumps on pinky finer

About a month ago I developed a few clear liquid filled bumps on the top of my pinky finger. They were itchy at first.  They eventually popped (sometimes I would pop them) and they would turn into little open wounds and continue to release small amounts of fluid. Then the area would get really dry and cracked and stay like that for about 2 weeks.  Then it would seem to clear up but start all over agin with the little fluid filled bumps.  I haven't seen a doctor about this yet.  Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
maybe a version of dermatitis also referred to as hand eczema.

I have had the same exact problem, same symptoms for years. A few weeks ago it flared up on my index fingers.  I used to think it was an allergic reaction to night shade vegetables like tomatoes or eggplant because of the acid levels.  I have heard that it could be stress induced or perhaps happens when you retain water before your menstrual cycle.

I am most likely going to see my dermatologist to get a clear answer because it really does bother me. Please let me know if you hear what it is first
I have exactly the same problem right now.  The bumps started about a year ago, sometime after the birth of my daughter.  I've been to my family doctor twice already and nothing seems to work.  I have also considered a correlation between the rash and acidic foods but I haven't changed my diet to find out.  The bumps originated on my left ring finger and it has now spread to my left middle, ring, and pinky finger, and also my right ring and middle fingers.  My husband is constantly yelling at me for scratching but my hands just itch like crazy...not to mention the fact that I can't wear my rings due to all of the swelling.  

If the current medication I was prescribed doesn't help, my next step is a dermatologist.  If you happen to get an answer first, please pass some info on to me.  Best of luck!
I've had the same problem but to a larger extent most of my life.  I get the little bumps on my hands (palms mostly but sometimes up on my fingers depending on the severity of the "break out") and on my feet (much rarer).  I went to the doctor for it as a child eveytime it happened and after years of lotions, creams and steroids it still is hasn't gone away, although I've started to note patterns of break outs and they've gotten less frequent and severe.

I've found at least 3 seperate triggers that cause break outs for me.  The first is stress.  Second is rapid and extreme change in enviornmental temperature (I live in the mid atlantic states, so extreme spring to summer and fall to winter temperature changes).  Third is use of a new product, such as hair gel, lotion, soap or any other chemical that comes into contact with my hands.  My feet will sometimes react to wearing no socks in shoes with sythetic materials so I try to avoid that as much as possible.  I don't know if stress and weather affects everyone, but they do for me to an extent.  My best suggestion is to really pay attention to what you touch and try and note if you have any incidence right after using anything new.  I also always wash my hands after using a new product.  I will sometimes pop the little blisters but I'm careful to wash my hands a lot with soap or use an antibacterial hand sanitizer to avoid getting an infection.  I hope some of that is helpful.  
You can read my entry in forum titled "Itchy Hands", along with the others. I didn't mention these small blisters. They don't always appear after these episodes of severe itching. I do have Arthritis everywhere in both hands. I'm thinking they are related. But I can't find anything on this Web yet. I thought I had found it under "Psoriac Arthritis". But they do not mention the itching in with the symptoms. I have had several severe bouts with Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumach in my life time. Maybe it recessed into my system in the process of clearing up. I mean where does it really go after it's gone?? Is it really  GONE?
I have this same problem, on my hands and feet. i did a google search to see if anyone else had it. its been going on for a few years now, and its so frustrating because even if i keep my hands lotioned, the blisters still eventualy break open, and cause patches of peeling skin that looks terrible!  if anyone hears of anything that works to fix it, let me know.
i have about the same thing but it's way worse...
not only is it on my hands but my whole body itches, and i can't stop...
i have heard from countless numbers of people who say they have gone to the doctor but the doctor won't do anything!
someone told me that they had the same thing and they demanded the doctor give them SOMETHING so he gave her promethazine creme? i think.. and then it went away.
she told me it is the first step of SCABIES... and i googled it and it kinda looks like it...
please help if u know ne thing!!!!!!
dyshidrotic eczema.  I image googled this. For years I have had the same problems but didn't have a clue to what it was.  Glad to find out I wasn't the only one that didn't know what was going on.  Mine occur solely on one section of my palms and sometimes I'll get a few here and there on my fingers.

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic110.htm
That is a great link giving pic examples and of course an outline of what it is and what triggers the fluid filled blisters.  Hope this helps the rest of you.
Agree with PaganBaby - I've had this for years and its dyshidrotic eczema. During flare-ups my derm gives me a mild steroid cream, and as long as I'm consistent about using it, completely clears up.
wow i didn't know this i am 16 and have had this problem since i was 11 years old said it was heridtery and that i got from my dad and it grossed me out everytime i got it. and i have went to about 10 drs about this and no one knew what it was but thanks so much for this thread. i will show my mom this thread tomo or in the morning and see what she thinks. but however can it be induced due to stress? i mean can a break out come from being stressed out?
I have had the same problem. It actually went to alot of my body , I thought it was scabies but it wasnt . I have been on prednisone for a few days and it has cleared up alot. They say its a type of allergic reaction. Also watch becaus it could be a fungal infection
Dyshidrosis:
also known as dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx, is a skin condition in which small, fluid-filled blisters (vesicles) occur on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet, or both.

The blisters that occur in dyshidrosis last up to three or four weeks, and cause intense itching. Once the blisters dry, cracks and grooves (fissures) form, which can be painful.

The cause of dyshidrosis isn't known. Treatment for dyshidrosis most often includes topical creams, wet compresses and ultraviolet light therapy. Even with treatment, recurrence of dyshidrosis is common.

Signs and symptoms

Dyshidrosis is marked by small, itchy bumps that gradually progress to a rash made up of fluid-filled blisters (vesicles). Other signs and symptoms may include:

Intense itching
Cracks or grooves (fissures) on your fingers or toes
Pain, especially with large blisters
I have it too! It started once on the palm of my hand. This was the most itchy case I've ever had. Right now, my entire right index finger is covered in them! My mom who is an RN actually just told me to get some anti-fungal cream... I think Lotramin (for atheletels foot) is what I used last time, and it cleared up in less than a week. The scaling was gone and so was the itch. About a month later though it appeared again but this time on my left palm. Less severe and cleared up on its own. I believe this to be a virus. I've always had problems with canker sores in my tongue and right now fighting off a bacterial infection too. When your immune system is down the bumps are much more likely to appear. I agree that stress is a huge factor as well! Good luck all!
i have the same problem i get littel white clear bumps on my fingers and palm it will clear up and come back they itch and eventualu pop ne body know what it is
HERPES WHITLOW- type of herpes that spreads to the hands. One can recieve from hsv1-2 and the body pushes out the virus on the hands. Make sure not to please your partner with your hand during the outbreak.
i have the same prob i got some antifung cream to mine itch pop spread and scales over like dri skin its painful like it burns when u rub loyion on it it gets red doctors dont care any body watch house if we had a doctor like him we would be ok lol
I  believe I have the same thing. I don't know what happened one morning i fell back asleep and after about 4 hours, i woke up and my pinky had this huge blister on it. As the day went on, I was hoping it would've gotten better but it got worse and the next day it got a little more worse. The pinky blister grew bigger and you could obviously tell that it was filled with fluid, u could practically see through the tip of my finger. Also while it had only started showing up on my pinky of my left hand, by the next day it had begun to show up on the palm of left hand, the finger next to the pinky, and also on the same areas of my right hand. The bumps on the palms of my hands are so tiny but u can see that they have fluid in them. They itch a lot and the ones on my fingers go from being itchy to being really painful as more fluid gets in them. I even have some showing up on both of my big toes. It's the strangest thing though that on both sides of my body, those are the exact same fingers and toe that have been affected.  I went to the ER to find out about it, and was prescribed some cream that I have to get still. I hope it works. I thought they would have at least popped my pinky, but it didn't happen. I just got through removing all the fluid from my pinky, and the finger right next to it as well as the same two fingers on my other hand seem to be getting worse. I hope it doesn't get too bad wheer i have to miss work. Thanks all
I have the same problem and just looked it up. Check this out...
http://skin-care.health-cares.net/dyshidrotic-eczema.php

Hope it helps.
Dudes i have had this problem for years! I havent seen any doc about it. I never thought of stress being a reason.. But it makes prefect sense. In always stressed out. I have it bad on my feet. I use a towel to sratch between my toes but it leaves it raw and bloody. The fluid filled bumps r down there and there is cracking. Its only on my left foot the right feels great. The left drives me crazy i sratch everyday. I used to get alot of bumps on my hands as i was yunger. I kept popping them. Thankfully they are gone and the itchiness too because ppl see the hands alot. My foot drives me crazy. I will try to go to a doc but i feel ashamed for waiting years n years to address this problem
I started having the same problem about 7 years ago. I live on an island so i always thought the humidity was doing it. Whenever I fly to the states it clears up all on it's own. However it has in the past gotten to the point where both of my hands have become completley involved up to my wrists. My feet have minor involvement, the area surrounding my armpits, my facial skin seems "bumpy" , the last two symptoms started to occur more recently. I've been hospitalized on several occasions when the oozing blisters became infected and both hands swelled to the size of oven mits.
I've been treated with prednisone in the past but won't take it anymore because of the side affects. Streroid creams work well but don't fix the underlying issue. I've tried isolating the enviornmental "triggers" and  found that certain soaps(Dial, Ivory), shampoos (Suave), laundry detergents (any generic brand), and Joy dishsoap all cause the rash. It took me awhile to accept it because I've never been allergic to these things in the past.. But even avoiding these items completley I've still had breakouts. So I've added stress avoidance to my list. I now wear gloves when touching ANY soaps or chemicals, I use Aveeno or Neutrgena in the shower. I take Benydryl at night when I have a rash so i don't scratch my skin off. Alot of people here have it and everybody seems to get it for different reasons.
I think that it's much like Hives, where people can get them from freaking out or from an actual allergic reaction.
I have this same thing but, I only have it for about 5 days, because I soak my hands in hot water for about 5 mins or less, then I pop them, then I put renew lotion on then each time i wash my hands i have to put lotion on again and it goes a way in a couple of days. before I had it for 3 weeks or longer, and it ***** cuz people always say "eww what is that"?  WHO EVER WANTS THIS TO GO AWAY FASTER READ THIS!!!
An OTC drug that helps a lot and makes the itching go away is CALADRYL CLEAR. Everything posted above describes poison ivy. Even if you don't have poison ivy though, Caladryl Clear will still help it go away and stop the itching - CVS or Rite Aid. Put it on after taking a shower and washing your entire body with a strong soap.
I think it might actually have something to do with radiation from mobile devices, turning off my phone seems to help the situation. If you guys give it a try, be sure to post back the results here :) Good luck everyone
Greeting from London. i think i am currently undergoing the same annoyance as most of you. when i was younger i noticed a cluster of three or four liquid filled spots on my pinky finger however they cleared up after a week or so. Now over ten years on (i am now 22) they seem to have come back with avengance as there are clusters on almost every finger and even larger clusters in the centre of both palms, the ones on my palms looked a bit like black heads in certain lighting due to the minute resevoirs of this watery liquid and me being a bit audacious decided to squeeze them. at first the liquid is slightly sticky ans then just water and every time i think i have drained these annoying things they begin to weep again. the ones on my palms have now dried up and appear fine but the ones on my fingers just don't want to budge.

i do however have extremely sensitive skin, a past allergen test indicated i was allergic to almost everything (a tad mellow-dramamtic) but indeed dust mites were by far the worst culprit for me. having said that i have never encountered any reaction like this and some forums on other websites have worried me slightly, giving a vast array of weird and wonderful derma-conditions and fungi filled orgys. i am a straight up guy, no nonsence so could someone please help this poor Brit and give me your opinions on the way i am treating this problem. i work with my hands being in the engineering trade and i don't mind long term scarring but could my method be somewhat more damaging in the near future??? any insight at all will be greatfully accepted!! thanks guys!!!!!!!! ~A~
I've had the same problem for about two years now. It's embarrassing. I blame it on my eczema but my eczema cream doesn't help it at all. I wish a doctor would respond to what exactly it is. I hate to point to places for people to sign or initial at work to find them staring at my hand, or when my husband caresses my hand came brushes across a patch of skin as rough as cement. Some advise please! !!!
i wonder if anyone knows if this is some how linked to psoriasis??????. i have been gettin these bumps for about 2 years now. i have the worst case yet right now, its moving up my arms, oozing and very itchy and painful. i also have psoriasis. i found some left over amoxicillin and took that to help fight off any infect that might have triggered it. thank god i just found some benadryl cream. didnt think i could make it threw the night without it
Hey I have had this same problem ever since I was seven years old (27 now) but over the years I have learned quite a few things that help quite a bit. First of all I believe it is or is related to the dishydrotic eczema that is mentioned in some of the posts. For me there are a few factors that really cause it to flare up and as long as these certain things are avoided it's not to bad. First of all avoid using anything on your skin that contains lanolin (as you start reading labels you will find that a lot of products have this). Lanolin is a chemical that is derived from sheeps wool and is used as a moisturizer. The other main things to avoid are fragrances and laurel and laureth sulfates which are mainly in soaps and shampoos. I have found that the Dove Sensitive Skin soap is a really mild option that does not contain most of these ingredients and it works well for me. Dish soap is a major killer for my skin and I would recommend using a brush or dish washing gloves to protect your skin. For those who have it on your feet, it is really important that the skin on your feet breath. Avoid any shoes that are made of a synthetic material that does not breath. Running shoes are great because most of them are made of a highly breathable mesh. Real leather shoes work well too. Take your shoes off as often as possible as well to let them dry out.  Make sure you keep your skin clean and if at all possible try to avoid popping the little blisters since this can introduce infection which seems to only make the problem spread and get worse. Anyway I hope this helps some of you. There is some interesting information that I have found at www.eczema.net, I personally think some of the stuff is a little over the top and extreme but you may find some additional tips that could help.  
I have suffered for years with this. I noticed the last time I went on vacation & swam in the ocean, it went away> So, I thought maybe saltwater was a "cure". I went on line and bought sea salt from the Dead Sea (Bokek) and since bathing 3 times a week in a tepid salt bath> Cleared it up!
well .it looks like i am not the only person who suffered the same thing, i have this blotches that come and go along my fingertips, they are all very annoying and even lessen my confidence to shake hands with others, i tried a lot of creams but to no avail, they are always there, and i think they will stay there forever,,, huhhh....i really don't know what to do, they are painful when they are opened but very itchy when just starting to grow... help...
I also have been dealing with these strange clear fluid bumps off and on for 4-5 years. Never on the palms of my hands but along the sides of my fingers and feet. I notice them mostly during spring/summer months. Occasionally in fall/winter months. Without warning they appear. I probably shouldn't but I pop them to rid the clear watery liquid mostly from curiousity. It then does one of two things, clears up and goes away or clusters of many which eventually mends into bigger ones. They always go away after a week or so, but come back at their discretion. Sometimes days, weeks, or months before doing so. They have never caused any serious problem that I'm aware of, just recently started to research on the web. I do thank all of you for your posts, now I know I'm not the only one with this condition, which comforts my worries. But it doesn't seem that anyone (including doctors) know the cause or preventions of this condition. I will keep my eyes open for any info and pass it on. Good luck.
I also have the same problem, i get the rash on my hands in the palm area and between my fingers, but i get it every summer and then it goes away but its really uncomfortable and i'm afraid it could be some kind of infectious disease that is on my blood...
Wow, I have had this problem for the last year or so.  Just turned 27 in April.  I think it actually sprang up last summer ('09).  I am not sure though.  I get the small clusters of fluid filled sacks, and like someone else just posted I pop them all right away.  I don't know if that is the wrong reaction, but I have yet to get the larger ones that have been discussed.  I am not quite sure what my "triggers" may be.  They usually go away pretty quickly.  I have not experienced the itchy kind.
About five weeks ago, a bump that resembled a blister formed on my right pinky finger. Didn't think much of it and popped it, for the next two weeks it would reappear. Put on wart bandaides and the entire area would turn very white and I would remove them after a day or two, and with 36 hrs, it would return as if nothing was applied. Tried fresh aloe, putting on the area, which is no larger that a 1/4 inch in diameter, and the aloe would shrink the area to almost nothing. I would place a slice of aloe over the area and cover with tape (medical). It would work for a few days then reoccur. Now it seems that the walls of the area are getting harder and a slight pain is occurring but goes away after a day. I am 63 years old and have not had anything like this before, but I do remember a similar looking bump, years ago, and I mean about forty or so. It was on my baby toe, everyone called it a corn then, it woud burst and form the same type of area, like a hole in the center and very tough skin around it, but these would go away and not return. I am scheduling a appointment with a dermatologist within the next few days hoping for a early appointment.
Hey ladies and gents I have had this since i was 5-6 and from what ive experienced it seems that they will not spread very far if you dont irritate them. As cliche as it may sound I highly advise against scratching or rubbing them too much. It seems if they pop then wherever the fluid goes the bumps go too. Hope it helps.

PS I know it ***** to not scratch but fight it and it should get better
My fiancee started getting these bumps about 7 months ago and then all of the sudden I started getting them, they itch so bad and they are filled with clear liquid.  I had one spot in between my pinkie finger and ring finger that started as a few small blisters but then dried and cracked  and started hurting.  It took about 2 weeks and it finally got better, but it's still really dry.  At first we thought that we had caught something and were spreading it back and forth, but neither one of our children have it and I'm a stay at home mom so they have contact with me all day everyday.  So when I read what you all have written it eased my mind a little bit but I would still love for something to make it better because these little blisters are such an annoyance.
first off i would like to point out that i have seen three doctors  . First one did not seem to take it too serous and prescribed a hydrocortisone cream . Terrible results > my skin turned into jelly . Second doctor gave me a sulfacetamide hc cream with no improvements , Third doctor  ( skin doctor ) looked at my skin for half a second and said it was a allergic reaction and prescribed  FLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE OINTMENT . I've been using it for two months and ALMOST completely cleated up but if i stop it come right back . I am hoping that if i continue it will go away completely .
Aww at first I had a itch on my stomach and then it turned into 7 tiny blisters the size of a pencil point. I popped them and it turned into a round open sore and it doesn't want to go away . I went to the ER and they gave me cephalexin and it seemed to help until I took a nap today and when I woke up I was itching the same spot I looked down and sure enough there is more blisters next to the sore. What's really weird is that I have had this 3 times now always in the same spot. The last two time the antibiotics the doctor gave me seemed to work but not this time. What's going on aww I'm so stressed !
I first had a reaction about a month ago. Small, clear bumps that itch like crasy on my fingers and palm. They are very uncomfortable and I, like a lot others, tried to pop them hoping for some relief. This only made the areas sore. The bumps started on my middle finger under a cheap "gold" fashion ring that I had been wearing before spreading to the others and my palm. I have read that this could be an allergic reaction to nickel and can only assume this theory is correct, because I just started wearing the ring again after the bumps healed and of course, it started up again last night!

I went to St. Kitts last week and noticed that the bumps were healing relatively quick too, after 2 days in the ocean. I had been using Ivarest, a calamine like anti-itch cream and cortizone 10. Both provided some relief but I really didn't see the bumps go away until my vacation. I really think that most rashes/reactions are caused by an allergy of some sort, it's just the mystery of figuring that out that is so hard.  

If anyone else has a remedy theory for a similar situaion, I would love to try it!
i am seventeen yrs old. ive always had health issues like low iron, sugar dropping, major stomach issues but i have never had any kind of rash. i once had sun poisoning. but about a month ago i had these little water blisters come up on my hand, the itched a little so i didnt pay attention to them they have spread down my arms on my legs an feet on my belly an back. they itch really bad and i have been to the doctor. he said it was exema (eczema) an gave me a cream the cream makes them worse. he also said i need to take colder showers an less frequenty to use dove body wash an dont use anything with alcohol or antibacterial in it. ive did this for two weeks now and it still is increasing. i start school back in a month an really wanna figure this out first if u can help please let me know. it seems im not the only one with blisters
I might actually have some advice for all you suffering people.  I've had the same exact symptoms off and on since the 6th grade. When my mother was researching my sister's Crohn's disease, she stumbled upon a book called The Gluten Connection.  We were shocked to find that some of the things that were ailing us were brought up in that book.  I have been off of gluten for 3 years with the occasional accidental exposure.  My hands and feet have been cleared up without any miserable itching for almost as long.  Also, my cystic acne goes away when I'm off gluten as well as fatigue and joint pain.  I feel better than I did in my twenties!  Get that book and start being proactive in your health.  My dermatologist thought I was crazy, so you won't get much support there.  My daughter has it, too, but her Celiac bloodwork came back negative.  On another note, when you have a breakout, aloe vera works better than any steroid and is much safer and cheaper.  Hope that helps!
I've had these symptoms since I was a teenager. They would come and go. I am now 47 and I have found a link to my problem that may, or may not be related to yours. I find the previous suggestion interesting about Gluten. I have not followed any Gluten investigations on my own, which may assist in what I have found causing mine.

Mine I firmly believe is associated with whatever is in Cola, and oddly enough, Beer. I have been a carbonated junkie for all this time. About 3 years ago, I was having Kankar sores in my mouth, after I switched from Safeway cola to Pepsi. (There was a mistake in canning process, and it was Cherry Cola- and I hate cherry cola.) I had to totally stop drinking cola because the acid was very painful. For a couple of months I drank only water.

In short time, these skin blisters on my hands and feet went away completely. Anyhow, I went camping and I drank quite a few beers over the weekend. Within a few days, the blisters came back in full force. Again I stopped drinking nothing but water, and again they disappeared. It seemed that when ever I drank carbonated drinks, it came out through the skin. So I had basically quit everything except when I camp out.

I quit a non-liquid vice I had, which I seemed to replace with Rum. (Yes, I am weak minded.) Now I seem to be an alcoholic replacing my other enjoyment. I do not drink straight rum, so I mix it with Cola. And yes, I am continuously poking my blisters now. When I take a break for a week or two, it goes away. In the last year I have been diluting the drink with water, to have less cola. The less cola, the less blisters. This last few weeks I have not been diluting some of my drinks and right now, my hands are loaded with large groups of tiny blisters. In a few days, my feet will follow, starting with the left foot.

BTW, I regret stopping my other vice. It doesn't make me not want alcohol anymore. But as for me, I believe firmly that cola and beer is what is affecting me. (I used to drink a 12 pack or more cola in a day. Barely any water.) Now I try to drink mostly water, but as I said, I have become an alcoholic. Rum and water just tastes lousy.

I was just snooping when I saw how many people seem to be having the same issue with clear liquid blisters that I figured you needed to here my story. Not that I wanted to confess to anything, only to possibly give you another possibility to try for yourself.
Stay away from the carbonated drinks for a couple of months and see if it will help you.
I have had these liquid filled bumps appearing on the sides and inbetween my toes and fingers for about 10 years now.  It can be maddeningly itchy, especially if you irritate.  Sometimes I have small bumps that join into one larger one with a rash like appearance throughout the area.  If I pop it/them it will be an open sore which eventually gets dry and scaley, and heals.  It does spread to other toes and fingers so I no longer touch or pop them if I can.  I have noticed stress is a trigger.  I have found something that gets ride of them for me.  Although, it hasn't cured me, the duration is much shorter.  Tea tree oil.  It is quite strong and fragrant, but works wonders for me.  I used to pop the blisters, put the oil on the open sore and put a band aid on it.  I know this sounds like a bad choice because a band aid will keep things moist, but, this prevents the liquid from the blister from touching other toes and fingers.  I try to isolate the area if at all possible.  I have also put the oil on an unpopped bump and it seems to shrivel it up much faster.  My family has similar types of eczema and the tea tree oil shampoo has helped them as well.  It's cheap, give it a shot.
I've been researching this all morning. Tiny bumps filled with clear liquid. Pop them and they become sores which eventually seem to become flaky dead skin. Mine are around my toes (but I'm noticing one here and there on the top of my foot or above my ankle, but those ones are by themselves and don't seem to spread). They all itch unbearably. Can keep you awake at night or from being fully functional (or at least it feels like it). If you have these symptoms, then take a minute and listen to my story and opinion.

Now, I'm 27 (male) and this is only the 2nd summer I've had this happen to me. It appears, from the things I've read, that no one actually knows what causes this condition or what we are actually dealing with here. From what I've narrowed down, I've concluded that it's either an Allergy, some form of Eczema, or possibly Mites. I want to rule out mites, but I haven't yet because my outbreak happened a little less after a week after I went tubing/rafting with some friends, but of course Allergy can also fit into that situation. I also sleep in a room with animals in cages and if I get lazy and don't clean the cages, then you never know what can find a home in the dirty bedding. But I try to keep them clean. However, I don't believe it's mites because I had it last year, and mites are a little more difficult to eliminate, from what I've read. (However, now that it's in my head, I just find that I'm itching everywhere, all the time.) Lol.

Okay, so it seems that everyone has different ideas as to what it is, different ways of dealing with it, and some have different symptoms, but this is for the ones I've mentioned. So, I decided I would just post my experience thus far and give my insight. Last year, I believe all I did was put Gold Bond in my shoes and after a couple of weeks it went away. (Gold Bond is a medicated powder for anyone who didn't know.) Interesting side note, I also, for the first time in my life, seemed to developed a rash or case of jock itch. I didn't know if it was from chafing and sweating, or fungus, or who knows what other possibilities. So, it's possible it was just a glandular type of condition which I now know follows along the lines of certain Eczema and/or genetic situations. Another possibility following along the lines of allergic reaction or contact dermititis, it could have been that I was putting too much soap in with my laundry and it wasn't all washing out of my clothes. (Soap remaining in your clothes, especially underwear, can cause a number of rashes due to allergic/chemical reactions against your skin.) Anyway, I bought some Lamisil for Jock Itch, and it did the trick, (along with using less soap in the wash). I was cleared up in no time.

This year has been a little more pressing on me cause I've taken more of an interest this time. Last year it was just use the Gold Bond in the shoes, and in time it'll probably go away, which worked for me. Now, I'm a little more impatient and curious. At first I was just using the Gold Bond, but I thought it was fungal and also tried drying it out with Apple Cider Vinegar cause I heard it was good for athlete's foot, well, this isn't fungal. I dried my feet out so bad I had a pretty horrible wake up call in the middle of the night. Well, I did decide to put the Lamisil (Jock Itch) medication I bought last year on my foot. I'll tell you it really keeps the itching away which is a major relief. However, it doesn't really heal the problem. (It may just be too soon to tell though.) I then went to the store, (still believing it was fungal) I bought Lotrimin for Ringworm. Here's where I realized it wasn't fungal cause this stuff didn't do anything. I woke up yet again in the middle of the night with unbearable, itchy feet. I immediately went back to the Lamisil and in moments I was soothed and able to get back to sleep. What's the difference you may ask, the Lamisil's active ingredient is Terbinafine Hydrochloride, and the Lotrimin's active ingredient is Clotrimazole. Big lesson learned on that one. So, knowing it's not a fungus I've been researching like mad this morning and have found no answers other than everyone has their own theories. So, what I'm saying is that if you've read this, then here's something I've found that soothes it (for me at least). Lamisil for Jock Itch (Terbinafine Hydrochloride). I'm gonna try to keep on looking for something that heals it, and I think I may even try the soaking in salt water trick, along with putting my socks through a few rinse cycles and giving my home a good vacuuming (just in case). I also have some hydrocortisone to try. It doesn't seem like something that should be dried out, yet it seems that sweating keeps it going. This is a tough one. I hope this helps someone, or at least gives some deas.

-Good Luck-
I have had the same bumps for a decade now and I have seen two doctors. First one believed it is the type of eczema mentioned in other posts. She recommended Eucerin lotion which does not work for this type of eczema. The second doctor recommended steroid cream but she wasn't as quick to diagnose what it was exactly. Since I am not going to be on a steroid cream for the rest of my life that wasn't the solution. Here is what I know from my experience with this annoying condition. I only get it on hands, generally fingers and an occasional bottom of palm. It is more common and occurs more often in summer so my original suspicion was heat rash (not so). Stress is the number one cause of 90% of all ailments so of course it affects your outbreak. I have lived with my husband since I have had it and he has never transmitted it like one would with warts when in contact. No matter how they leave (self-induced popping, accidental popping, or healing on their own the skin that regrows cracks and is dry which is aging my hands faster then natural. IF you pop accidentally or purposely like me who can stop picking, THEY spread like wildfire. If you are also like me who cannot help but bother them ( I find that is does relieve some of the itching and pressure if you do release the liquid) it must be done while the area is completely sterilized with peroxide, alcohol, antiseptic something to eat the liquid when you do pop. Drench the area with antiseptic and try to release as much of the fluid so that you are left with a sore/cut. Then apply neosporin/ vitamin E oil/ whatever your choice of skin repair ointment. This process usually relieves the situation since I have not yet found a cure or prevention.  Unfortunately, I am cursed with multiple skin problems and allergies. Besides for the blister style bumps, I have traditional dry skin eczema on my thighs and back of arms. These are bumps and itchy with major dry patches but without liquid.That problem Eucerin or any fragrance-free, potent, extreme dry skin or itch relief lotion helps. You do have to be diligent in applying often and it helps to apply RIGHT out of the shower so that your body does not dry out and absorbs the moisture while your pores are still open. Along with that I have psoriasis (mild) on my scalp which results in scabbing, itching, and heavy build-up. This can be treated with some relief with a tar based or clarifying build-up remover shampoo. I find with this it only relieves irritation instead of preventing it from happening. I  also have severely sensitive  skin which causes rashes, hives, itching, and all over suckyness when my body does not like a particular fragrance or dye (Mr. Bubble causes the worst reaction). I avoid dyes and perfumes and uses moisturizing and mild everything which helps a ton.
I have the same thing.  My first outbreak was when I was 8 years old in sleep away camp.  Doctors thought it was poison ivy.  It covered much of hands and feet that year.

I am now 33 years old.  Over the years, the outbreaks seem to be less frequent and less severe.  I am glad to read that seasonal changes are a trigger for others.  I seem to get them on the first colder days of autumn an on the first warmer days of spring.

I try not to pop them as the fluid seems to spread them.  If one does pop, or if I NEED to scratch one, I use isopropyl alcohol pads to clean the area.

Mine usually go away in a week or two.

It is nice to know others have it.  It would be nicer if the doctors could make it go away!
Man...I just got this a few days ago. It's all over both of my palms and has spread to finger tips etc.

It itches like crazy, and gets irritated if I hold something, wash my hands, or do anything requiring my hands.

I wish I could get some help. I'm a little hesitant to try any of these creams or oils as I do not want to make it worse.

It seems like an allergic reaction either from something in the air, or something I ate. whatever it is I wish someone could help. Docs will probably give the run around with random cremes and I'll end up like everyone else here with no concrete answer...
I thought that I had scabies at first...so I did a ton of research on natural remedies since I had no insurance at the time...and a lady in a forum mentioned Neem Products that you buy at health food stores or online. They work amazing. My finger got to the point where it was cracked and had small bumps on it with clear fluid inside. Occasionally it would be really itchy. Anyways, I bought the Max. Strength neem soap bar, the neem lotion, and a tiny tiny jar of neem oil. I warn you, this stuff stinks, but it cleared everything up for me. I did run out and i didn't bother to buy more at first and it came back on one of the two fingers. My other finger is perfectly fine now. I'm using neem again and its working very well. Best of luck to you all. BTW-its so hard to tell the difference between scabies and this eczema. Doctors really need to get their stuff straight too and give us some good answers,
I had a few skin problems when I was young, but they always disappeared with short treatment. I don't know if they relate to my problem now. Starting in my 40's, I began getting tiny fluid filled blisters on my palms and fingertips, which would eventually break open and dry up, creating crusty, dry, cracking, itchy skin. That eventually led to redness and peeling skin in larger and larger areas - along with the incessant itching. When they first started, I could get rid of them by using a pin to break the blister and applying peroxide. Soon that didn't work. Then I asked my doctor and she prescribed a cream (Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP 0.05%) which helped as long as I used it at least once a day, but then it became less effective. Then I went to a dermatologist, who said this was a hereditary skin thickening condition and the fluid filled sacs were perspiration that couldn't get out. He prescribed a different cream (Clobetasol propionate 0.05%), which worked better. He also told me that, yes, sometimes peroxide would help for a while - they don't know exactly why. And also antibiotics would clear it up temporarily - they don't know exactly why. So when I have flare-ups, I use the cream - sometimes putting it on at night with some thin cotton gloves I have to keep the bedclothes from getting greasy. A couple months ago it was especially bad, and had been for some time. Then last month I got an unrelated infection and was put on an antibiotic (Flagyl). My hands are perfectly clear, better than they've been in years. I'm sure it will come back and I'll have to go back on the cream, but I'm enjoying my "remission". By the way, my father had this condition for years, but died in 1964, so probably never knew a good treatment. My daughter is beginning to develop it now at age 41.
Its Eczema, otherwise know an Dermatitis.
KEEP A DIARY TO IDENTIFY TRIGGERS!!!!!
I have suffered with this since the birth of my son and it appears to me that the fluid sores come 'out' following peeling potatoes indicating a possible starch allergy i hace never suffered with this before and if i dont peel potatoes it seems to simply be dry skin, however i did suffer cholestasis during pregnancy (a condition which causes the bodys billirubin levels to increase resulting in severe itching) i dont know if these increased levels are significant in any way but thaught it may have a connection.  
hope this helps someone identify the cause x
I am not sure what the problem is, but I can guess.  I have the itchy blisters on my fingers.  It is related to dehydration.  I do have allergies/eczema also, but I don't think that is the root of the problem.  

I think that it is caused by sarcoidosis. It may have a high calcium or high heavy metal source.  A person with sarcoidosis, can have scleroderma.  Scleroderma describes this condition pretty well.  This is complex, so research it.  

My advice would be to eat no calcium on purpose!!!!! [Ok, if you are dying of hunger, use a few splashes of evap milk and water for cereal or half of a piece of cheese, but try to avoid calcium as if your life depends on it.  That may be the truth.]  Use Rice Dream beverage instead.  

Take magnesium citrate to prevent flare ups and clear your arteries (arteriosclerosis.)  You may be at risk for a heart attack if this scleroderma/sarcoidosis is really your diagnosis.  Cleanse your liver with milk thistle and dandelion (your liver and other organs could harden over time.)  Soothe with natural shea butter or Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring with COQ10.  Watch out for secondary fungal infections.  Chelate the heavy metals out of your body also.
The blisters in my earlier example would be a result of calcium deposits in the skin.  Calcium can deposit in the blood also.  That is what causes hardening of the arteries.  I also have milia on the nose and dandruff.  The milia/folliculitis clears when I eat a no/low calcium diet.  The dandruff is still there though.  I also have an occasional itch/folliculitis that is on the thinner parts of my skin, the inside of my arms and legs, and my stomach.  I guess that is due to calcium build up in my body.

I forgot to mention I also take Vitamin C to help heal my blistery, scaly fingers.
I've just read right through this very interesting thread and it seems we're talking about two different problems - but as I suffer from both that's fine!

One is the tiny fluid filled blisters that in my case occur only on my right foot, and have been around periodically for at least 20 years (I'm in my early 60s). When they first appeared I was living in London and wearing nylon tights and leather shoes all the time; but even when I moved to south east Asia and was wearing open sandals all the time it still kept recurring. I swab the area with peroxide or alcohol and pop them with a sterilised needle, and usually they dry up fast and just leave a bit of flaky dry skin. They're a bit weird but not really a problem.
The other thing started with me just a few months ago, while I was still living in south east Asia (I'm now back in the UK). A tender, painful bump began to grow on the knuckle nearest the nail on my right hand middle finger, but as I have arthritis anyway I'm quite used to swollen painful knuckles and at first thought nothing of it. But it kept growing, and I kept bumping it against things - ow ow ow, really painful - and about 10 days ago I popped it with a sterilised needle and squeezed. As a very early post reported, it was like a very clear thick syrup, colourless; tasted a bit salty. I got out as much as I could - it really hurt to squeeze - then swabbed with disinfectant and put on a band-aid. It seemed better for a couple of days, then more fluid formed and I squeezed it out too. But now, as of yesterday - which is why I've been driven to find out more about it - it's growing again and still incredibly painful. I'll probably try and see my doctor about it next week.
i have little circles on my feet filled with clear liquid they can itch and burn from timt to time my doctor said it was some type of fungus and that it can be caused by stressed and sweaty feet . anyway she gave me CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE it stopped the burning and itching it kind of helped but it didnt make it go away completely . after a while it went away but now its back
uhmmm. i have thse bumps on my lower palms. that has spred all over the palm of my hand. sometimes it itches. sometimes it does not... i dont wanna be a person that thinks everything is wrong with me. but i thought it would go away. it has now been on my hands for about 2 months now. sometimes it itches and sometimes it does not. their are these little bumps in the rash that have water in them... like a huge blister but in a way way smaller scale. it itches so when i itch then it hurts. and now its getting so bad i cant wash my hand cuz it gurts so bad. im 20 years old. and a traveling kid.... u know the hippy thing-y.... and i dont have insurance. so i dont know if i should go to the docter or not. my mother said to wait. and i have aited it has gotten worse. i read it might be a fungi thing-y.... what could i do if it was. and how can i get rid of this stuff?
My hands have little blisters.they pop and clear liquid comes out. Sometimes it almost feels sticky! As much as it hurts to scratch it. At the same time it feels good to scratch. I'm at a lose to what it could be. I'm getting married in 5 months. Did I mention the bumps are on my left hand? Grrr could it be herpes?
DYSHIDROTIC ECZEMA Is what it is. I have it. I hate it. It itches like crazy. Right now It's on my pinky finger too. 2 yrs ago it was all over the top of my hand, and I'd sit there at work scratching like crazy. People would look at me like I had some disease, and would pass it on to them even though this is not contagious. My Dr. gives me steroid cream to put on it, and it will clear it up.
Hello everyone in the forum,
I am 32 years old and have suffered from various versions of Dyshidrosis. At the age of 16 I began getting sever cracked and dried out skin on my palms. That went on for several years.  I am allergic to almost everything under the sun and under your roof.  These topical skin reactions were odd to me because I lived in a dry part of the US.  

I also began developing the small skin blisters on my pinky fingers initially about seven years ago after moving back to the Midwest.  I traded dry cracked hands for small seasonal allergen Dyshidrosis.  

In fact I actually just began developing the small blisters on all of my fingers and palms of my hands in the past few weeks.  Typically this happens at the beginning and end of the spring through fall.   Most of us are doing one of several things.

Exposing ourselves to allergens (seasonal). Spring to fall in any climate that has flowers or trees can cause the reaction to start.  In the fall if you have an allergy to mold you most likely will suffer from the same things.  As tree leaves fall to the ground and get wet, they produce mold.   Mold is another allergen that triggers these outbreaks.  

Eating food that causes an allergic reaction.  For those that are unaware, it can take time for a food related allergic to manifest itself.  You may have a very strong resistance initially but, as you ingest or become more exposed, the immune system begins to over compensate for the reaction and produces more antihistamines.  

Your best bet is to shower before bed, even just a rinse off and make sure your sheets and bed covering are clean, and reducing your exposure to anything that might trigger your reactions.  Just like a migraine journal, keep track of activities and food consumption to see if there is a relationship between your break out and your daily life.

Needless to say providing a medical professional with a detailed history of what happens and what you were doing will help them correctly diagnose the actual cause of your outbreaks.  Some people do not even seek medical assistance because they believe they have a summer cold, or embarrassed they might have scabies or bed bugs.  

Without this information you may be misdiagnosed, and it is as much our responsibility to track our habits as it is for our doctor or dermatologist to have a broad vision of the trigger points in your records.  

Best Regards,
J.  
I may also have this problem, not severe. I put full strength tea tree oil on them whenever i wash my hands. It helps with the pain/itchiness and dries it out usually in two days or so. I just had a little cluster of small fluid filled bumps on my palm yesterday. i took a needle and popped the ones i could. drained them as best i could, washed  my hand with soap and applied the TEA TREE OIL. I reapplied maybe 4 times. this morning there is a dry area there but they appear to be gone. I also got one little bump on my finger that was painful. To this one, i applied the tea tree oil but did not pop it. today, there is no redness but a very slight bump is still there, but no itching.
hi ,
    i m also suffering from this problem since last four month and i consult 3 doctors also but no result. and two days ago i consult a skin expert  which is senior most and professor in dy patil medicl college and research centre in mumbai dr sharmila patil she give me only one medicine and now this is almost 80 % cure and very soon will go completly  that medicine HALOVATE CREAM [glenmark company] and advised me to be very happy and positive attitude  if i will do this then it will not happen again because because of being positive and happy my immunity will be strong i have tried this and get 80% cure within 2 days just avoid soap for sometime till it cure i think this will be very usefull to all who are suffering from this disease from long time like me
I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE LITTLE FLUID FILLED BUMPS ON MY FINGERS FOR MANY YEARS, BUT ONLY 1-3 AT A TIME. VERY ANNOYING, BUT I'M USED TO IT.
I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THEY ARE, BUT WHEN I TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT, NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO PINPOINT WHAT CAUSES IT. I CURRENTLY HAVE THE WORST BREAKOUT OF THESES BUMPS I HAVE EVER HAD. 50+ ALL OVER MY HANDS AND EVEN ONE ON MY FOOT! I RECENTLY HAD AN EXTREMELY HIGH TEMP FOR 2 DAYS WITH A BAD CASE OF TONSILITIS AND NOW MY HANDS ARE COVERED WITH THESE BUMPS.
I REALLY THINK THERE MAY BE A CONNECTION BETWEEN HIGH TEMPS AND THE BUMPS.
ANY THOUGHTS?
Cheriopompholyx it is and could be related to medications taken during febrile episodes or septic foci.
I'm glade I found this site. I have had the same problem for years, for almost 8 or 9 years now! I've always wanted to research what it was, but haven't until now. I guess mines wasn't too bad, just annoying. My hands would itch like crazy and I would get the occassional liquid fluid filled bumps, but my hands were never swollen.  And from the picutres, it does look like Dyshidrotic Eczema like so many of you diagnose. It just ***** that we can't cure it!

Reading on Dyshidrotic Eczema, I now know why I started getting these liquid fuild filled bumps. My hands didn't start to itch until I started working at my job, a resturant. I was 17 at the time and now I am 25 years old. At that time I was working and going to school. I was stressed out, which is one of the factors to Dyshidrotic Eczema. During that time period, my hand was constantly itchy and the bumps appeared more than they do now.

I have since quite that job, last year, Dec. 2010, and had finished school summer of 2010. Thinking back on it all, I realize that my hands are not as itchy as they used to be. I'm seriously! For example, whenever I was driving, I would use the steering wheel as my personal straching post for my hands. I didn't notice I was doing it until whoever that was in the passenger seat would mention it. :)

I now noticed that I don't strach them as mucn, nor do the little bumps occur as much too. My hands do still itch and rarely to I get the liquid fuild filled bumps. I'm now stressing out about finding a job. :)

I too have tried many handcreams. I've tried Hydrocortisone Cream, which reileved the itche only a bit and did nothing for the bumps. Then I tried Cortaid Advance Long-Lasting Anti-itch Hand Cream, which did stop the process of the itching-liquid bumps for a bit. It then seemed to stop working on me after a while.

The best itch reilever solution for me is to let the hot water of the kitchen/bathroom faucet run for a bit, then for me to stick my hands underneath it for a few seconds; or until I can feel the itchiness go away.

I know it does sound weird but it really works for me. I does. I had to go run my hands under hot water a few mintues ago, and now my hands aren't itchy anymore. Let me warn you, you will get dry hands though. I would sometimes but on lotion/hand cream on when my hands dries.
Does it annoy anyone else to search for days, weeks and months for answers to only be met with other people posting that they have the same thing as an answer to someone else inquiry of the same problem you're experiencing?? I have searched for months for the answer to this question online and i get to waste hours reading 500+ replies to my question only stating they have been dealing with the same problem. So frustrating.

It's far and few that any of the people sharing that they have the same problem, give any suggestions of remedies or concoctions they us to soothe or eliminate the itching or swelling of these little devil bumps.

I was curious if any of you posting that you have this problem also have adverse reactions to mosquito bites?? Do you experience huge swelling and itching associated with a mosquito bite? Is it still red and swollen the next day or days later?? Does the area sometimes bruise?? I was diagnosed a few years ago with "skeeter syndrome"... yes it exists! When i get bit by a mosquito it blows up 5-10 times bigger then what a typical mosquito bite should look like. Because of this i have come up with itch remedies that seem to also help and soothe these little bumps from hell.

1. mix together the contents of a benadryl capsule or you can crush up a benadryl capsule. You can mix it together with either hydrocortisone or after bite liquid from the breakable wands from a first aid kit (they're green) or the after bite pen you can buy at the store (just dab a puddle of it on your bump and mix it with the benadryl powder. This works 10 times better then benadryl cream and the medications inside the pill that isn't in the cream help too without the sleepiness from actually swallowing the pill.

2. Dab some of your saliva on the bump and sprinkle with salt. There's antibodies in your spit that isn't in water or the liquid in some things that are supposed to help with itching that actually attack and subdue whatever is causing the discomfort on the surface of your skin. The salt dries out the liquid and also helps to heal the area extra quick. This is something my great grandmother had me do during the summer with mosquito bites. It has ALWAYS been a quick fix to mosquito bites!

3. Witch hazel. Has a cooling property and will shrink skin irritations. Also helps dry out sores like bug bites, hemmoroids (hemorrhoids), etc without the drying property of alcohol.

Please let me know about the mosquito question. I think i may be on to something with a possible connection.
hello,,, i seem 2 have this problem also,,, but for some reason i think i got it from the gym,,,im 17,i get it beetween the back of my middle fingers and side of fingers,,  3 times now i got it all in the same place,,, at this very moment i can feel it coming back,, it starts out with a small red mark,, then loads of small bumps appear,,, over 1 week theses bumps join and it becomes bubble like,, full of fluid,,  if i hold a light to it,, its see though nearly.,,,  went to two different doctors ,, one said it was eczema ,, the other didnt know,, i was put on stariod cream and anti bioethics  ,,  and also stariod tablets,, it took  about a mouth to heel i dont like 2 move my fingers when i have it,,, the last time i had it,,,,  it was like i had a swollen knuckle thats how big  it was,,,  ,,, hear is an image,, that wud b the closest i cud get,,  the bubbles i get would be much bigger,, and would be onthe back of hand,,     http://images.emedicinehealth.com/images/SlideShow/ringworm_s11.jpg ,, if any knows how to cure  helppp please!!! sorry for spelling mistakes thanks
hello,,, i seem 2 have this problem also,,, but for some reason i think i got it from the gym,,,im 18,i get it beetween the back of my middle fingers and side of fingers,,  3 times now i got it all in the same place,,, at this very moment i can feel it coming back,, it starts out with a small red mark,, then loads of small bumps appear,,, over 1 week theses bumps join and it becomes bubble like,, full of fluid,,  if i hold a light to it,, its see though nearly.,,,  went to two different doctors ,, one said it was eczema ,, the other didnt know,, i was put on stariod cream and anti bioethics  ,,  and also stariod tablets,, it took  about a mouth to heel i dont like 2 move my fingers when i have it,,, the last time i had it,,,,  it was like i had a swollen knuckle thats how big  it was,,,  ,,, hear is an image,, that wud b the closest i cud get,,  the bubbles i get would be much bigger,, and would be onthe back of hand,,     http://images.emedicinehealth.com/images/SlideShow/ringworm_s11.jpg ,, if any knows how to cure  helppp please!!! sorry for spelling mistakes thanks
My boyfriend started getting these small bumps on his hands as the days went by It started to spread to his elbows back thighs ect.the next thing I know I have small clear puss filled itchy bumps apear on my right hand when I scratch them they sometimes pop and like the next day or so it turns a dark color and dry looking and I can't peel it.it looks different from a scab.it started to get on my butt, back and now starting on my leg. The bumps itch so bad at night but not too bad during the day. I have no idea what it could be and doesn't quite fit the description of scabies. By the way the bumps are not red they. Are the color of my skin until I pop it and it turns a dark color and still itchy. Any ideas what it can be?
I'm 44 and I just started to get these bumps a couple of months ago. My first bout was on my right pinky toe, there were 3 of them on one little toe! The podiatrist thought it may be Athlete's foot or warts, he lanced and drained them and gave me an anti-inflammatory and steroid cream. That didn't do much, on my next visit, he did a 'chemical peel' on them, they turned black, dry and then the area was healed. I had told him that I felt the familiar itch on the bottom of my foot too, but he did not do anything there. One week later, I have a big blister, about 1 centimeter in diameter, and now I feel like there is another one coming out on the side of my big toe. All these on one foot, no where else. I have never had exzema (eczema), or allergies or any other skin conditions except minor, hormone-related acne. I am going to my general physician tomorrow to see if they can diagnose this and prescribe something. The itching is driving me crazy but I am resisting the scratch. I am also trying any natural treatments that I may find. Will try the Tea Tree Oil now.
hi all...i hve the same problem bt i want 2 knw if anyone having any prblm in ear drum..as i m havng hole in my ear drum n whenevr i had fever,..a watery substance use to dischrge frm my ear..later my doc said nw tat z spreading in my body n itz nw causing allergy in my hand n foot
I just started getting this two years ago. It started right when fall started. I went to the doctors and he said it was dermatis but basically another word for ecezma (eczema). I clean alot, I especially use clorox wipes but wal marts brand usually of these handy cleaning wipes. Anyway, even though my doctor gave me cremes to help, which he said it will never go away, it will get less but it will never go away but the creme will help with the itching, its not suppose to "cure" it, its just something to help the itching go away. Oh so I use the cleanin wipes usually alot and I noticed when I lived with my in laws while my husband was deployed I didnt clean as much and holy crap, they went away! So thats my trigger I guess I would say. The cleanin chemicals I believe is what dries my hands out so bad and causes the fluid like tiny blister things. As long as I keep my hands well mostirized with a unsecented lotion, dont use bath and body works stuff cuz it causes the itching to be worse. It would itch so bad, they would open, bleed and crack then go away and then start all over. So, if you clean alot or use a lot of chemicals, maybe thats what is doing it. Hopefully that helps. Mine have compeletly gone away. I havent stopped using the clorox wipes, I just wear latex gloves when I clean to keep the chemicals off my hands. Good luck!
I am having the same problem as most of you, i'm getting these water filled tiny blisters on my fingers in clusters...they started on my fingers now i've noticed that they are slowly spreading to the rest of my hands. I can't stop cryin today my hands look such a mess and I dont know what to do :( My hands itch when im peeling potatoes or clan so maybe these are triggers??? any help or advice would be much appreciated. Could the temperature also be a factor as its really warm at the moment and they seem to be worse.
Yea, it was the same for me.  So far the best treatment has been a cream called clobetasol propionate.  It isn't a miracle cure, but it does help with the itchy episodes.  If you do end up scratching them off like I do in the middle of the night.  I have found that washing the area with hydrogen peroxide and then applying the cream when the area is dry helps to prevent the larger flare ups.
Like many of you in this thread I have Pompholyx.  Small, clear fluid bumps first showed up on my thumbs in May.  They clustered together, hardened, and eventually cracked open.  I went to a dermatologist, and she prescribed me a steroid cream which did not help at all.  For months, the pattern has been the same.  2 weeks ago, I had a bad outbreak, and decided to try a different doctor.

He prescribed me a cream called Elidel, which has almost completely cleared up my thumbs in about a week.  The last of the bumps are receding, and my skin is returning to normal.  Hopefully when they are gone, the are gone for good.

Ask your doctor about Elidel.  Hope this helps.
Have anyone of you ever rub your hands/feet on any kinds of fabrics?
e.g. Old computer chairs (not leather), clothing, bed sheets etc...  

I have Pompholyx for over 2 years now and it started at my pinky at this point I did not even know I had anything. I always thought that it was just some allergic reaction so I didn't think much of it, my pinky was very serious I managed to leave it alone and it cleared away, but it spread to my ring finger and its in much worse condition I clawed it haha. The reason it got so bad is because I used a bandage (not the best idea)... my ring finger got so bad that the entire side was covered in a hard shell with torn skin around the area.. okay to make the story short..  

I just recently found out that my cousin also had it... only difference is that she had it on her big toe on one of the foot. She went to the dermatologist and they prescribed her with a topical cream, but it was costly so she decide not to purchase it and went home without any idea of how to get rid of it. Without any cream to apply of the affected area she decided to just clean it daily with a salt (small amount) and lukewarm water solution each night, then use a blow dry to dry it quickly.. and within a period of 3 - 4 months it cleared up and healed up.

DO NOT scratch it i know its itchy as hell and it feels like your hands/feet is on fire but if you bare with it eventually it will heal.. if you scratch it I can tell you that it will spread and keep your hand as dry as possible try best to limit yourself from washing your hands. It's hard but if you do it will help the process...

I hope this helps some of you.. Oh I almost forgot I got this problem because i rubbed my fingers on my old computer chair and something got under my skin not sure what but what I have been seeing is that its called "Pompholyx" so dermatologist say
Same problem here, the best thing is actually not to be using creams, the more moisture you put onto them the worse they get! Don't scratch them either, this I found causes them to spread and become more painful as you are irritating the area of skin further beyond your every day routine.

If left alone it tends to clear up within a week, more if you scratch and start popping the blisters.

If you need to use a cream make sure it's non-steroid based, as they can aggravate the problem further.
I used to be a traditional dry-skin eczema kind of girl since I was a baby.  That cleared up as I got older, for the most part (though I did discover that excess sugar gives me nasty eczema breakouts).  About seven years ago I worked as a barista for two seasons.  We used diluted bleach to clean with.  Gloves were not provided, and I being unreasonably anti-gloves did not use them.  Long story short, the skin on my hands has not been the same since.

At first it was mostly rashy with a few blisters/pustules.  The doctor I went to told me it was because my skin was dry, was still eczema, gee would I like some steroid cream and Eucerin for that?  . . .sigh.  I just dealt with it for the next five-six years.  Changes in elevation made it do horrible things.  

I started making lifestyle changes about a year ago, not for the eczema but for general health.  One of my hands is now free of the menace, and the other one has two isolated spots that repeat the blister-dryout-flake-blister pattern indefinitely with a one to two week cycle.  But!  I still have hope.  It's still much better than it used to be.

(also, in response to espsi -- if I don't keep some lotion on my hands they dry out and crack . . . oh the joys of eczema)

Here's what I've done, I cannot tell you if all of it helps, but here goes:

-Using local raw honey in place of sugar.  If I eat candy or lots of desserts with sugar, I get eczema flareups.  Presumably the local honey helps with any contact allergies during summer.
-Organic and/or local vegetables.
-Organic meat.
-Lots of greens.  Lots.
-Eating a wide variety of nuts
-The more water I drink, the calmer it gets.
-I stopped popping them about 5-ish months ago, and that confined it further.
-Reduced gluten intake.  This was mostly to avoid the carbs in bread and rice, but I do believe it could be an allergen for me.  I love my rice.  Something to try.
-Been avoiding parabens since the summer.  Not sure if that helped.
-Gentle soaps.  
-Switched to a brand of lotions called 'Tree Hut.'  I don't think fragrances themselves irritate my skin, but I do believe some chemicals some brands put in their lotions hurt more than help.  Tree Hut is one of few that does not dry out my skin or make me itch.

Things I am planning on doing:

-Wearing a glove on my left hand (my main hand, and current source of flareups) during the day to see if the continued eczema is a product of something I touch regularly.
-Completely going off gluten.
-Trying what the guy above said and avoiding lanolin and laurel/laurel-sulfates
-Trying aloe vera instead of lotion

Good luck to all of you!  Together we shall prevail.  :)
i just went to the derm dr for this yesterday after trying everything possible for three months! I had been told it was poison ivy, poison sumac, bed bugs, fleas, eczema...you name it!  My dr prescribed the permethrin cream for SCABIES!  I hope it works because the intense itching is unbearable.  I only have the bumps/blisters on my hands and chest but i itch everywhere. Everyone in my family and my sisters family all have it.  It started with my nephew and spread to us all because we spend so  much time together.  The one common thread is we all have it on our hands, palms, or fingers and they are all the same small red bumps that have a clear liquid inside and itch like crazy. I really hope this is the answer  if not its back to the derm for me.
I had this for a while on my abdomen. Went to the doc after months of it coming and going.  Took one look at it (it was exactly as all other cases described here) and he said "Oh thats a nickle allergy".  FROM MY BELT BUCKLE!!!  SUre enough,  stopped wearing a belt and GONE!  Wear a belt it comes back.  Tuck my shirt in so it doesnt contact my skin and it takes longer but it will come back.  I noticed if I wear jewelry such as a watch I start to get it under the watch band.  So it appears to me its not just nickle its alot of metals.  I noticed one lady in this thread mentioned it started on her ring finger all the time then spread.  Might not be the case for everyone,  but the doc was certainly right for my case!!!
Goto this website for the Mayo Clinic.  It is for nickle allergy.  It shows the symptoms and the fact it shows up on other parts of the body even if you wear jewelry elsewhere.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nickel-allergy/DS00826/DSECTION=symptoms
I have a bump on my finger , it's a REALLY itchy pain it bothers me just having it there , it has little white spots in it i pop it , & it comes back but the pain is sooo bad! , it drys up & then it clears up for some time but then it comes back in the same spot - ____ - i have no clue what it is & i really want to know the pain is killing me D:
I have had the same out breaks you all talk about in your posts.  I have just begun an outbreak today ( Tuesday).  The last one I had was the worst ever. If was about 4 years ago. After years of trying everything, 4 years ago it dawned on me what I did not try.  When I was 6 yrs old, getting ready to start school ( stressful ) I got SHINGLES.  Yes, 6 with shingles.  I must have been an OLD 6 since SHINGLES were once referred to as "the old ladies rash". The Doctor prescribed DOMEBORO ( spelling).  It's a powder that you mix with water and they you soak cloth ( my mom used cloth diapers) and apply the cloths to the affected areas.  Domeboro contains ACETIC ACID/ALUMINUM ACETATE which shrinks the blisters.  Well, I used DOMEBORO for that outbreak 4 years ago.  I soaked my hands about every 3-4 hours and wore white cotton gloves.  If cleared up in a few days.  Today, I just washed hands took 3 aspirin and a antihistimine and the urge to itch subsided.  Maybe I caught this outbreak early enough.  If not I will use DOMEBORO again.

I do know that I have switched shampoos in the last week but I am also in a stressful situation also.

My opinion---it's a a form of the Herpes virus---like the measles are.  Not an STD but a dormant virus of some type that is triggered by stress or chemical.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had SHINGLES.

i have small bumps on the palm of my hands with fluid inside it and you can see the hole from the bump. it would hurt if i touch it or itch it. i picked it and it turns into a small hole. im really worried and ive seen a doctor, i was on a steroid for 5 days and it went away, it came back as soon as i was to stop taking the steroid. please help me. also it only happened this winter.
It is scabies..went to the doctors they gave me a cream to put on nothing over the counter worked. Had to wash clothes,bedding ect..in hot water at 130 degress then throw all clothes and bedding in the dryer at a hot setting... vacuum and wash furniture and carpets. They are hard to get rid of.
OK, so I have this EXACT same problem on my hands and feet.  After many years and MANY doctors I believe it is a type of Eczema (I was even told a fungus as well for my feet), but anyway.  Regardless what is is, I have the BEST cure.  Soak your hands and feet in water mixed with iodine for 10 minutes.  It will get rid of it within days.  Only problem is that it will come back so to keep it gone you have to do it every day religiously.  I am lazy so I only do it when I get a bad breakout.  BUT IT WORKS, PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  One doctor told me to do it and I thought he was nuts but I had nothing to loose so I tried it.  Low and behold, it worked!  I am still not exactly sure what it is or what causes it (besides maybe eczema), but at least I now know how to get rid of it fast.  Hope this helps everyone!
I can't beleive someone else has the exact same symptoms as I do! This stuff is driving me crazy! My hands break out in these horrible blister like bumps between my fingers and they itch like crazy till they open up into clear like fluid that oozes out and then it turns literally into blistering skin. Then I have never had the stuff on the tops of my hands till this last year and now the whole hands are a MESS! I finally  figured out stress has some big part in this and also I have arthritis!!!! I have been given this cream , but only once from an urgent care and I cannot remember the name but it helped alot. This crap does not just go away by its self and is very serious in which infection  can   definately be part of this horrible, horrible, ordeal....I am in so much pain and my hands are ugly now, is anything at home work till I can get to my Dr. ?
U guys&girl i've had this problem for 17yr, im 31 now its really a fungi, it happens mostly to people who has sweaty hand&feet, almost like athlete feet,it come from sweat. There's no cure but to keep ur hand&feet dry, when the water-fluid bumps morelike warts appear, don't scracth to much it gets worst or spread, run some hot water over it as hot as u can stand that will soothe the itch but when they occur wash ur hand every hour, dry rinse with alcohol let air dry do the same for feet. Don't use no lotions or creams, antifungi spray works also, but water&alcohol is more natural pure less chemicals. Now that worked for me for 17 yr the doc never gave me anything that worked. the only time I get them now is when I'm sweatn & not inreach of hand sanitizer, or alcohol u can feel'em before they come on the palm, start with the alcohol rite away they'll dry out real quick.
Is there any way that I could control eczema when I work in the Operating Room, and latex gloves and frequent handwashing (not to mention the stress) are a must..? I stopped treatment because of the effects of the anti allergy meds prescribed to me. The only medication I maintained is the Bethamethaone Ointment because it seemed to work for me. But, I only apply it when my eczema "episode" is at its worst. I love my work, but, my eczema is putting my health at great risk.
I battled with this for years - and in my case, it was indeed Dyshidrotic Eczema. I was finally able to isolate the trigger - which, for me, was nickel. I Manage retail store, and found that the metal tops of the hangers were the culprit 99% of the time (these are FULL of nickel). Utilizing a cortizone cream to help the itching, keeping my hands away from heat, forcing myself to handle the hangers differently, and regularly using Cetaphil Cream (not the lotion) brought my flare ups down to a minimum. Age eventually completely eliminated the problem for me (by the time I turned 40)...finally a positive reason for aging!!!
could be fungal.  try athletes foot spray.  this sounds like something I dealt with in high school, and all through college.  Dont know why I never tried sooner but finally sprayed either athletes foot spray or jock itch spray and it went away almost instantly and never came  back.  (about 15 years now)
I have the same wateerr filled blisters n I itch a lot on my fingers n I can't stop what the heck is it
yea i get it all the time and as a mater of fact i got it right now, i came to the conclusion the more you mess with it and think about it the worst it gets!!!   PERIOD!!!!!    calamine lotion or crotizone creams are good
I agree kbh114................I have this too, but I've noticed with this last breakout, it's also on my ankles, knees, arms and elbows and the itching is driving me CRAZY!!!!!  Has anyone else had the bumps in these areas............seems everyone has them on their hands and feet, but not these other areas?!?!  Also, like you, I battle not only canker sores, but fever blisters on my lips as well.  Could all of these be linked somehow?  And yes, I do believe stress triggers these outbreaks........for me, I've been under severe stress from a horrible car accident, having neck surgery coming up, going through a law suit stemming from the idiot who totalled my car, missing so much work from the pain I'm in..........I could go on & on with all the stress I'm under right now and these bumps just all of sudden popped up?  I didn't change anything & didn't use any new products, plus I haven't gone anywhere new, haven't been in any wooded areas or near any poison ivys or oaks, etc etc so it has to be stress doesn't it??
i have the same stuff, itchy hands, bumps with the fluid, reddishness.. i also have perioral dermatitis ,its like a rash around the mouth , mostly on the chin.
i went to rectify the face first.. after a lot of trial and error, i avoided gluten and milk. and its working . the perioral dermatitis is almost gone.NOTHING ELSE WORKED. so now i am sure this is all a reaction to some kind of toxicity.
On to the hand. 4 the past two days i''m applying lemon juice on the affected areas of my hand. IT REALLY HURTS, FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES. then it calms down. seems to have a slight effect. . it doesnt itch since then except for once in a while. and thts when i rub on some vaseline.
i keep a tube of vaseline with me wherever i go. helps to make it look more normal.will update

ciao
godess
okay guys . update. the lemon  DINT HELP. in fact it got a little worse. so i went and visited an ayurvedic guy. he says to keep off tomatoes and tamarind and anything citrus for now. so as to help the body heal. coz anything acidic will never help healing.
also applying vasaline again as before. the areas seem a little dry. now. desperately trying not to itch. anyway its a slight bit better now. anyway out with the lemon idea.
I have had about 4 flair ups of this condition in the last year, first time I got It the area of my palm got infected and this travelled up my arm... A friend of mine recommended Dermovate cream for the condition and this is the only thing I have found that clears it up, and also it really helps with he soreness of the cracks that are left after the bubbles burst!
Hi, my son is seven years old now and since a week this water filled blister appeared on his index finger two times..first a dot like blister which i thought is a spider bite or something ( which he loved thought he would be a spidey soon :), and later it developed into a balloon like blister ..clear water fluid in it..doi need medication to cure the cause or its like transient and will pass by as cuased by allergies or something..
What all of you guys are wondering what this is, its probably scabies ! ;)
My sister had scabies, as did I. It starts out by looking like a red rash on one part of your body and then spreads to everywhere else. They are little red bumps. This can spread and be picked. Up through interacting with a person who has it or even their clothing. Once you start to use the cream, you need to wash everything you have, including sheets and pillows and all of that. You will itch like CRAZY.
i had this.. after tests and biopsy it turned out i had contact dermatitis. they prescribed me  a strong hydracortizone cream withing 2 days i was way better in a week the redness and cracking was gone, it's been 4 months and i no longer have the issue! i found i got mine from wearing the latex free gloves at work good luck!
I have the exact same problem right now. Started on my feet with a patch of clear filled bubbles. it would itch so bad I would scrape my foot against the carpet on the stairs until it burned. I would pop the bubbles and they would eventually dry up and appear to be healing but then the process would start all over again. This has been going on for a few years now. it started on my right foot, on the inside (the one part of the bottom of your foot that doesnt touch the ground). It moved to both feet, than only the left foot, and now its starting again on the right foot. Now, I have a ton of bumps on my fingers, looks like the same thing, but theyre not drying up like the ones on my feet. I got cream from the dr and dermatologist, both saying it was exzema (eczema), it didnt work. I don't believe its exzema (eczema). Also, I've had scabies before so I know for a fact that it is not scabies. Scabies rashes are dry crusty burrows, clear bubbles do appear on your fingers, but the main sympton is that there is intense itching in the webs of your fingers and toes, and your nipples (night time is the key here). the itching was so bad I would stay up half the night itching. Scabies would also show more rashes going up your arms and around your wrists. They literally look like burrows and trails. So mostly likely, we don't have scabies if we're only showing the clear bubbles. I wish I knew what it was becaues it's driving me crazy.
it is still scabies had them for 3 yrs derms just dont know how scabies look evertime I use pymethrens cream they dry up &sill itch like crazy.the more you get scabies the faster they come back wish I could get rid of them forever any derm i went to said it was psoriasis BUT ITS NOT?I tried every thing in the book for psoiasis & it didnt help moisturizias make it worse.ITS SCABIES.
I agree.every derm I went to said its psoriasis.treating it for 4 yrs.nothing helps.as soon as I put on pymethrens cream all the BUMPS dry up I still itch.but I thnk its becuase I put on a moiisterising cream that dont let the scabies completly die.anybody else have an thery on this thank you for your answers if there are any
it is scabies why do derms allway say its psoriasis 4yrs im going threw this now im treating it as scabies.PS the name of the cream is pymethrems 5%
Wow, Thank you for the information.  I first starting getting this when  I was in 7th grade. It was switching from Fall to Winter and I remember it was when I had first got my Menstral Cycle.  That was the worst break out I had ever had, covered my whole hands and fingers, (probally cause I couldn't stop itching them and thought if I popped the little bumps it would go away. But through time I found that that actually makes it worse. I am 28 years old now and I will be going to the doctor for the first time for this.  I have 5 children now and constantly washing my hands and with my skin splitting open and hurting so bad, I need something. The break outs for me ten to happen between the transition from winter to spring and then the transition from fall to winter, or summer to fall. I cant wait to see if the doctor can help me, thank you again for your post.
Tonya
So I also have this problem with the little itchy bumps peeking clear on the base of one finger. And found out what the problem is, not great news for everyone who seems to have the same thing it's shingles. There is no cute for it. It's something you may develop as an adult if you had chicken pox as a child.
After 2 and ½ years of trying to find a solution, I have found what works for me that resulted in a 90% improvement.  It’s not 100% gone, but the relief is invaluable.  It’s been 7 months since my skin improved.  I’m hoping I can help someone else.  
I posted here about a year ago.  I had the incredibly itchy bumps on my hands.  I had 3 different types – most of them were tiny blister like bumps filled with water, others were tiny raised dry scabby-like bumps, and others were just raised bumps and would thicken and darken my skin.  Some would appear in raised clumps, others would be in strangely straight lines.  They would itch around the clock.  The itching was so bad that it was difficult to even think of anything else.  The itching would make it difficult for me to fall asleep, and when I would fall asleep, I’d wake up in the middle of most nights scratching.  I’d wake up with bloody hands and fingernails.  The bumps kept multiplying and it seemed to be “killing” my tissue.  My fingernails were coming off their beds, the nails had deep grooves or ridges on them, and parts of my fingertips seemed to become almost transparent as the blistery tissue was taking over.  This really scared me, because I thought that if this is happening in my hands, I wonder if it’s happening in other parts of my body that I can’t see.  The whole situation really scared me and made me feel hopeless.  It consumed so much of my life.  
I tried everything – many trips to the dermatologists (plural), lots of topical steroid creams, prescription oral steroids, slippery elm and other natural products intended to heal “leaky gut”, natural remedies for candidiasis, soaking my hands in vinegar, bandaids, antifungal sprays, Neosporin, burning the bumps, etc.  Some of these, I tried for months on end to see if there were any results.  The oral steroids would work while I was on them, then the bumps would come back.  I lost tons of sleep combing the internet looking for solutions.  I’ll list what worked for me.  As a warning, the changes I made were a lot of effort – but the relief is so worth it.  Here they are in the order of significance:  
1) start eating a highly nutritious diet
2) stop eating meat
3) reduce external allergens and taking allergy medicine
4)  topical steroids *
5)  vitamins
1 & 2:  High nutrition and no meat:  By far, this is the change that yielded the most improvement.  I cannot stress this enough.   I had watched documentaries “Forks Over Knives” and “The ****** Miracle”.  These documentaries focus on high nutrition and basically conclude that the body will tend to naturally heal itself - IF it is healthy enough to do so.  We just need to provide the body with sufficient nutrients and minerals to do the job.  The thing is I thought I was perfectly healthy (other than eczema my entire life).  I’m 38 years old, 5’2”, 130 lbs, and very active.  I’m a cyclist who regularly rides centuries (100-mile rides).  But in truth, my diet was not the best.  Based on one of labs performed by my doctor, he realized that I was slightly “acidic”.  My pH balance was off.  I started reading a lot about acidity vs. alkalinity.  We need the correct balance to be healthy.  Acidic environments tend to harbor sickness and disease.  My doctor recommended that I start increasing my vegetable intake significantly.  He recommended “powdered greens” from Whole Foods if I didn’t like eating vegetables.  As a result of all of the documentaries and the acidic findings, I decided to cut out meat and dairy (which is highly acidic) and start eating more fruits and vegetables.  I bought a NutriBullet and started making fruit and vegetable smoothies daily for breakfast.  I bought a juicer and started making a carrot or spinach juice once a day.  I started eating lots of salads.  Surprisingly, after a couple weeks, I started seeing the bumps suddenly subside.  I was skeptical at first, wondering if I was imagining that my hands were improving.  But by week 3, there was no doubt.  The bumps were disappearing.  (“Forks Over Knives” and “the ****** Miracle” can be found on Netflix.  If you don’t have Netflix, “the ****** Miracle” can be viewed online http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/******-miracle/  ).
3 – External allergens and allergy medicine.  My doctor prescribed me allergy medicines.  He knew I had allergies to many environmental things – pollen, animals, etc.  My doctor said that if my system is “inflamed” and busy fighting other problems, then it has less ability to fight other things.  He told me to take the antihistamines during the allergy seasons just to give my body an edge.  The medicines visibly worked because when I would forget to take them, I noticed my hands would get worse.  Also, on a sad note, my beloved little bichon dog that I had for 14 years passed away.  My doctor had told me for years that I was allergic to my dog, but I didn’t believe him because I never had allergic reactions to this type of dog like I would with other dogs.  So I wasn’t convinced.  Also, I had my dog for the first 12 years without any skin issues on my hands.  So I refused to believe I was allergic to him.  My hands developed this problem 12 years after adopting him.  However, I started noticing that when I went away for business trips, my hands would begin improving.  After my sweet dog passed away, I noticed another sudden improvement.  The external allergy and skin theory was making sense.  
* 4 – Topical steroid creams.  Like I mentioned above, I repeatedly tried topical steroids for 2 and ½ years and they yielded absolutely no results.  I mean ABSOLUTELY NONE.  I had prescriptions for triamcinalone, cortisones, and what the dermatologist told me was their strongest – clobetasol.  However, as I mentioned, after I stopped eating meat and starting eating highly nutritious foods, my hands began to improve.  I decided to try the clobetasol again in real problem areas.  My hands visibly responded to the cream.  I think that before my diet change, my body was too sick to heal at all.  After I improved my nutrition, I think my body was able to start healing.  After it was healthy enough to begin the healing process, it was able to respond to the topical steroid creams and further heal with these medicines.
5 – Vitamin C helps the skin.  I take a high dose of Vitamin C every day.  I also take Milk Thistle and Zinc.  I think this helps me with my overall health.  
For incredible itching, what helped me the most was 3) ice cubes to numb it up the itch, 2) Mario Badescu Control cream, and mostly 3) mediation.  The meditation was the only thing that I found that was able to get me to stop scratching overnight.  After starting the meditation, I was able to sleep through the night and wake up without blood under my fingernails.  The meditation was a body-mind disassociation mind exercise.  
Hope this helps someone else.
WOW thank you so much for sharing your story! I just recently developed this annoying blistery rash. I went to my doctor and like everyone else. I was prescribed a topical cream which helps but then when I stop using it, it comes right back! but I will be changing my diet and taking vitamins, Thanks!
I have had the same thing for about 8 years now and I will have it for the rest of my life.  It is part of the hurppies vires and lives in your nervous system.  It took a long time to get a diagnose.  I do take medication for  they also have a cream but most insurance won't cover it. The name for it is Herpetic whitlow—also called digital herpes simplex, finger herpes, or hand herpes—is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails. Herpetic whitlow is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Hope this could help
90 % of skin problems arise due to intestinal unhealthy problems eat the things which are easily digestable & which ur system accepts try it it helps u very much avoid the thing which irritates ur system & is the cause of ur bumps
I have al the same symptoms and have tried everything and nothing helps. Abreva dries them up pretty good but can't help with the itching all over. I have found sumthing that seems to actually be working!!!
Did you see a doctor, and if so, what was the cause and treatment?  I have a single painful ulcer/blister on my little finger that fills with a clear, thick, viscous fluid that ultimately bursts on its own, then starts all over again. The round scab in the center never heals...this has been going on for several months. My physician cultured the fluid...no growth.
I told my doctor I thought I had the eczema everyone was talking about and she took one look at my hand (where I get the tiny unbearably itchy fluid filled blisters) and asked me if I had any digestive problems. When I said yes she thought that was weird but asked if my family had history of Celiac Disease. I had no clue but that's what I have. Most people who get the blisters/rash don't have digestive problems, so you might not even realize you have Celiac Disease. I just thought I would share my story for people who aren't have luck treating something they might not even have. Go to a doctor people.
I found something else that works for me!!!  And I HAVE to share it in case it helps any of you.  The product is Champori.  It's an all-natural product with an active ingredient of Indigo Naturalis.  (It also completely healed a dry, flaky, and sometimes raw scalp problem that I was having over the course of a year.)  Good luck!!!
I had itchy all over skin.  Would drive me crazy.  After many visits to two different dermatologist and many creams, still the same.  This is just dry skin.    The only thing that helped was an over the counter lotion called Curel.  But you have to by the one that says itch defense.(not all stores carry it) K-mart and CVS do.  After a bath apply all over.  And I mean all over. massage into the skin.  After a week or so itch no more.  
----I have helped many people with this.   Hope it works for you.

Roselaboy