cystic acne

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

cystic acne

What is the best treatment(if any) for cystic acne?
Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne. Cystic acne affects deeper skin tissue than the more superficial inflammation from common acne. Since they are severe, so systemic medications are usually required. The treatment consists of topical and oral antibiotics, tretinoin, oral contraceptives in females and Intralesional corticosteroid injections. Very severe cases may need excision and drainage. Also the treatment has to be taken for a long time so that relapses do not occur.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.