dime sized white spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dime sized white spots

I'm a 16 year old girl with about 20 dime sized white spots on my arm. The spots started with as a scar from ringworm, but have been spreading for the past couple of years.  The first spot I found is bigger and lighter than the rest of the spots, so I think that they are getting lighter and bigger the longer they are there.  More are popping up, about 5 new ones every year. The newer ones get burnt very easily. I was told to put Selsun Blue on it, because the Selenium Sulfide in it would get rid of it if it is a fungus, but it hasn't worked.  What could it be, and what can I do to get rid of them?
The symptoms are suggestive of tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines. You should follow up with your doctor and get yourself prescribed topical antifungals.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I am a 42year old white female I freckle very easily but now have flat white shots on my neck and some on the top of my feet. One on the side of my neck has raised up should I be concerned? I also have very dry skin on my face. I suffer from iritis from time to time due to HLAB27 does this have anything to do with this?