do i have pilonidal cyst??
ok my but crack has been itching like crazy for months now... had a look in the mirror and i see a small vertical cut like thing on my butt crack a liitle above the anal..... i dont have a pimple or lump or any such thing...just a cut,whitish-pink in color about 3-4cms in lenth.... it seems to go away sometimes but then comes back! argh... i put some antiseptic cream and that helps a lot!!! is there any way to treat this without going to the doc??? is it that serious? i dont experience pain while sitting.Just that it burns and itches a little sometimes...
The symptoms are suggestive of pilonidal cyst. This cut that you have noticed is a pilonidal dimple. In this the skin becomes reddened or even sometimes looks like a small bruise. When it is infected, it causes pain. Antibiotics or surgical drainage may be required. My sincere advice is to consult a surgeon and get it examined.
I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

i applied some antiseptic cream yesterday and now its gone!!!!!! the cut has almost closed! do i still need to consult a doc? hope it never comes bak now!
It is good that by applying the antibiotic cream you have been relieved of the symptoms, but if there is any recurrence of symptoms or there is any discharge or pain associated, then you should get it evaluated from your doctor.
Hope it helps. Take care and regards.