do i have razor burn or should i be worried i have an std?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

so me and my boyfriend just broke up about 15 days ago. last week on thursdayb i shaved my whole down stairs area. and when i shaved i bled cuz i used a cheap razor. since then iv had these little red bumps not ouzing or anything but they hurt and itch. its probably razor burn but i just slept with someone new last tuesday night. could it be an std? or do they not show up that fast? im really nervouse even though it probably is razor burn beacuse they wernt there before i shaved
Tags: STDs
The possibility of these bumps due to folliculitis are more. If they turn into painful blisters which then it can be herpes. The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.

Till then, keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful if it is due to folliculitis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.