dry patch on lip
hi, i have a dry patch on the top of my lip. it started off about 2 months ago as a small discolored dot, then progressed into a darker patch bigger patch (<1cm wide). Now, it looks dry and and slightly flaky, and feels weird when i touch it with my tongue, but i can't really pick at the dry skin. it also feels sort of heavy, not numb or slightly tingling (not like pins and needles) but like i can feel something there. also when i stretch the skin i can see white spots behind it.
what is it, and what can i do to treat it, tried moisturizing with Vaseline constantly, but doesn't help. Could this be a sign of lip cancer?

any advice would help. thanks.
Its not herpes or lip cancer or eczema..its just either a heat rash or irritatted skin... try using chap stick with cocoa butter or oils no alchol because this will dry it out....I used aquafina chapstick with jojoba oil everyday and within a wekk it healed
I had a dry spot on my upper left lip for a couple of months. It was dry, thick and rough for a couple of days and then it would become thin and vaguely taste of blood if I licked it. I tried various creams, both anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial--both pharmaceutical and natural remedies. I saw two doctors, who both saw very little. Nobody noticed it, but I could feel it and I was concerned it wouldn't go away. I am so glad it did go away so I wanted to make this contribution.

What helped in the was a steroid and anti-bacterial cream called Fubicet. My GP prescribed it. You are only supposed to use it for a week. the symptoms disappeared within a few hours, but after I discontinued it after a week, it came back. After a while I tried it again, and it is gone gone but would come back after I stopped. Steroid are not great for the immune system so just keep on using it is not an option. I did notice that whenever it came back after usage, it was less intense.

What got rid of it in the end was using the cream only I could actually feel any drying or thinness, with a maximum of one day a week. this way I would not overdose on the cream, but it also broke the cycle of the patch growing thicker and thinner skin. After a while I noticed I needed it less often than once a week and eventually the concerns never returned. I have been with happy healthy lips for about five months now. Good luck.
Hi I have light patches around my mouth at first  it was just at the bottom of my on both sides of my mouth now its on my chin and around my upper mouth and by my nose I have been useing a mild face wash and moisturizer. I dont now what it is it started about 6 mounts ago. Can you please help me
I too have the same exact problem with my upper lip - about a month now. Dry patch that feels like tape on the lip or nail glue, once in a while I can peel it off.  I have tried Rosebud Salve which works on all kinds of skin ailments, but I have seen no noticeable improvement.  

However, unlike many of you who have posted about yeast infections, viruses and pre-cancerous conditions, but no specific changes....I noticed that mine cropped up shortly after my husband and I changed something in our diet.  We are very healthy eaters and about a month ago, I started roasting a poblano pepper - virtually every day - and we have been eating them every night for a month now.  Additionally, we have been eating raw garlic rubbed on grilled bread and then served as a vegetarian sandwich.  Each of us has half the poblano on the sandwich.  I have sensitive skin and especially in the winter prone to dry patches and irritation from city water/chlorine.  So after a couple of weeks, I figured that the peppers may be causing the problem.  As much as I hate to, I will stop consuming the peppers.  I will follow-up in 1 week whether or not there is any improvement.
Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same and it is driving me nuts. I have a doctors appointment next week but am curios about the answers you got. Did you fin out what it was at  all?

I've been experiencing the dry patch on my top lip for almost two months now. I don't have any infections or dramatic diet changes. But one thing I think it may be that I haven't seen anyone make light of is eczema. I've had eczema since I was a kid and therefore have extremely dry and sensitive skin. It didn't occur to me until after reading through all these post that I could have an dry eczema outbreak on my lip. I have a special cream I use for when I get outbreak rashes from eczema. I applied it to my lip today so I'm going to see if it disappears in a couple of days.
I read through this whole page a few weeks ago and related and since there were no answers I went to see my doctor.  Who sent me to another doctor.  Who ultimately sent me to a dermatologist.

I was experiencing the same thing explained here -- a spot on my lip that felt like there was superglue, or stiff -- a textural difference that was NOT a cold sore and was not in pain but did not go away for three months.  And I couldn't stop picking at it.

The dermatologist did a biopsy and ultimately concluded it is a wart.  which is viral.  (upon google image searching I in fact found pictures that resembled my spot).  The treatment for the wart is for the dermatologist to freeze it off.

I don't have a progress report on the treatment for you but did want to start contributing some answers to this page since so many people seem to have the same symptom and no information!  This may not be your answer but it was mine.  
Ok, I have a few of these dry patches on my lips over the past few months.  I was really concerned that it might be herpes since I was with someone that I later found out had herpes.  My blood tests came back negative. There's no sore, no blister, no itching, tingling, or pain. Just three little patches of dry, flaky skin.  They look red when I get out of the shower and if I look with a magnifying mirror I can see tiny little white dots on one of them.  I'm baffled, on the one hand, I'm worried about herpes...but with no typical symptoms, it's hard to believe that, that is what it is.
Hello all - had the same problem and promised myself that I would come back to this site and post if I found a solution.  But yes a dry dark patch that grew to 2 patches on my upper lip.  felt like tape...  I used Car Max lip balm (can be found at any supermarket or any pharmacy).  Worked after using constantly for about a week.  Still using it after about 2 and a half weeks.  Patch is no longer dry and the discoloration seems to be fading...  Phew, no need for doctor/dermatologist!
what happened with ur patch and white dots ? ist fordyce spots ?
I hope you will seethis and reply bcsur post is in 2009. tc
Hello to who ever reads this site.. not much of a doctor but  my dry spot was on the lower lip left side but never had a cold sore in my life. Had the problem for ever even as a child. Parents went on a mexican vacation when i was 7 and I remember blood all over the hotle pillow the next morning so  drinking water and moisturizing all the time cause  something like that is embarrising. My dr said it was probable from a kissy family member that carried the herpies simplex. He ask if I ever had a tingly feeling in the lower lip and  of course I said yeah without asking  for more details for the virus.  So wheather it is or isnt from  the virus try the ointments for the coldsores. avoid wasting money on CHAPSTIXS> BEES WAX AND VITAMIN E for lips cause really they dont help anymore than petroleum jelly salve. IF I EVER FIND A CURE OR FIND OUT WHAT IT REALLY IS I WILL RETURN.....
I had the same problem. The spot popped up a few days ago, and then I got the flu. I had had angular chillitis before, so I have been using clotrimazole cream (antifungal) a few times a day for the past few days, and the rough spot has peeled and it almost better! Hope this helps!
Mary...pls update if you find any solution anytime.
Mine is GONE! Big THANK YOU to those that commented on a possible fungal involvement! In my case, my dry patch 1st appeared a few weeks ago on my top lip just right - this seems to be a common location for others here as well. It went away for a week then came back in the same spot which I found alarming thus 1st suspected possible viral?? I’m 40, male, and never had such a weird sensation before, but just like others have posted, it feels like a small rough tight dry spot, slightly desensitized or numb -like. My lip did turn noticeably more red in that area both times, but has since returned to normal color - yet dry patch persisted. The analogy of having a piece of tape or a smudge of superglue residue on the lip is a pretty accurate description - very very annoying. Anyway, a ton of good posts here. I tried salt, Epsom salt, toothpaste, creams, etc ... nothing was helping. So I finally tried some clotrimazole (anti-fungal) cream and within just a few hours I noticed the tightness start relaxing! I also added some Neosporin applications and more anti-fungal for the night time. Roughly 24 hours later the dry rough skin finally fell off and I have my silky smooth upper lip back! Now with the dry patch gone, I soaked some vinegar on that area and felt a burning which means the area is not yet 100% healed, so I’ll keep applying the ointments for now. Therefore, I am one who believes my spot was indeed fungal-related. Seems the fungus isn’t very aggressive, just hanging out, yet persistent enough to keep the skin rough tight and dry. I guess killing off the fungus finally frees the new skin to grow underneath and push the rough skin closer to the surface where it can peal away on it’s own, but don’t force it. If this comes back one day, I’ll now be more mindful of early signs and get anti-fungal on it right away - perhaps more natural methods like vinegar and/or tea tree oil.
Read here(link below) that this is exfoliative cheilitis and possibly caused by mercury-containing dental amalgam in close proximity to dental titanium implant.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3241953/

I too had a root canal treatment 5/6 yrs back and it is there probably since then.

Cure,
Calendula ointment 10%
http://www.casesjournal.com/content/2/1/9077

I am not able to find calendula ointment... can anyone tell me how can i get it in India.
I also have this problem and couldnt figure out what it was. It started as just a small dry spot on the right side of my top lip, and felt rough to touch with my tongue. I scraped at it with a cloth which left the area feeling like everyone here is describing - slightly numb and feels like theres a piece of tape on my lip.

I have just tried applying vinegar to it and sure enough - it burns like fire. I get no reaction applying vinegar to other parts of my lip.

Its definitely a fungus. I do hope it goes away now - it is really annoying!
Thanks for sharing everyone. I bought tea tree oil, clotrimazole 1% and blistex lip medex. The first day using this, the dry spot peeled off. Its still a little dry spot on my lip but not as dry as it has been. Ill give you more updates as i use these items for a few days.
Day 3 an that dry patch on my lip is pretty much gone but going to use this stuff for the rest of the week to make sure. It really does WORK!!!!!!
You have a condition called seborrhagic dermatitis aka a yeast infection of the skin.  You need to treat with Nystatin cream which is an antifungal. I had this for months and used clotrimozole with limited success. It would appear to go away and then come back. The Nystatin cream did the trick, like magic.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new/336605#
You have a yeast infection of the skin aka perioral dermatitis or seborrhagic dermatitis.  Try Nystatin antifungal cream.  It worked wonders on me and I tried everything. Cleared it up like magic but you need to keep applying it or the yeast will come back.
hello, i've read most of this post and found that some of us may have slightly different conditions... however, in my case, i had a dry discolored spot on my upper lip that developed a couple weeks ago. you could peel a layer off of if you wanted to... felt like a piece of tape as some of the other posters have described.  kinda like dead skin... anyways, i got worried and came here to check it out.  i read the post about the woman believing her case to be a fungal infection, and concluded that i also was dealing with a fungal infection.  i put some listerine on it, and as of today (3 days later) the spot is gone.  if you are prone to fungal infections try applying anything that kills fungus to your lips, you don't have to get all fancy with it.  
Good to hear.
As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I do agree probably the majority of individuals having this dry tape-like patch on the skin is due to a fungal organism. That said, I agree with you that there are several posts here that might indicate something else... and for them individuals, I'd suggest keep researching and see your local doctor.
As far as the majority here, I had this dry spot reoccur (as many have also eluded), either in the same location or slightly offset. Normally that would support a potential viral involvement. However, I felt the relapses were due to not completely eradicating the fungus deep within the tissue. Well, I've been symptom-free so far after treating my last episode. I used an extremely diluted bleach and water solution. Let me repeat - extremely diluted. Bleach is dangerous and can chemically burn your skin, especially your lips! Twenty eye-dropper drops to each 8oz of water. This is so mild, one can barely taste it and is somewhat like a freshly chlorinated pool. I soaked my lips in this solution for 15 min, three days in a row, and saw the patch start to peal off (like tape) afterwards, thus new healed skin emerged. But this solution is still harsh on the lips, so use a lib balm between. I allowed my lip to heal before I repeated this treatment for good measure in the following week. So far so good, no re-occurrences yet. I won't recommend the bleach-protocol I mentioned above - probably be better off going for a swim in a chlorinated pool next time, and more fun - LOL. But just wanted to illustrate that the dry patch (my dry patch) reacted positively to a chlorinated protocol treatment.
I still suggest that seeing your Dr. is the best advice - not self treatment as I did.

Okay so I've had the same thing for months! Here's what's working for me. I do not touch my lip with anything but q-tips. I clean the area with alcohol then peroxide. I put lotromin lotion on it and let it stay on overnight. The next morning I clean the spot again with alcohol and peroxide, when I see it peeling I use pointy tweezers to remove any loose skin and repeat the process over again. It's been a week and it's almost gone. Apple cider vinegar works too but it doesn't stay on it just drys up and you have to keep applying it over and over. Don't use band aides on your lips!!! I made that mistake and it rips off the good skin leaving a mess behind! I haven't been using any type of lip gloss or lip stick at all, during the day while I'm at work I use Burt's bees herbal blemish stick, it's a liquid with tree tree oil in it. Mine is still there but it's really really small now and going away. I hope this helps I know it makes you crazy!!!
I have the same thing everyone else is talking about.  Followed advice and used Nystatin with huge overnight improvement.  Peeled skin off easilly this morning and am continuing to use Nystatin today.  Definitely some kind of fungal thing.  Weird, but I guess weird things happen with age??  Never saw the doctor, but used some of my son's ointment from diaper rash.  Hopefully my lip will be normal in a couple days.
This past July I started with all the symptoms everyone is describing. It seems every time I get sick it flares up. But there is always the rough dry skin that feels like gum or tape stuck to my lips. I recently went to Doctor and he asked me when I brush my teeth if the tooth paste gets on my lips? I said yes and then he asked what kind of tooth paste I use? I said 3 D whitening tooth paste. He said throw it away and use regular old tooth paste and try to not get it on my lips. I'm excited to see if this is what has caused all these problems.
I had the same problem as everyone is describing over the past few weeks...sudden red dry patches on lips which felt like a bit of tape was stuck to my lip. Anyway I took some advice on here and used some anti fungal creams (Daktarin & Clotrimazole) 2 to 3 times a day as well as applying Blistex whenever lips felt really dry (which was often!). My lips are now almost back to normal after 4 days thank goodness. Just thought i'd post this, hope it helps.
Has anyone thought the culprit might be their old lipsitcks/lipbalms or lippencil liners?  I think that is what causes the infection in the first place!

Either clean your lipsticks or throw away after a certain time... As we use these items we introduce bacteria/fungus which eventually multiply enough to cause problems when we use the stuff on our lips! Since the problems happens on the lips only - which is a very sensitive area, it makes sense that its something we use on our lips!!!!
I had this issue too and am checking all my lip make up to make sure I am not using old and contaminated stuff.  Just a thought.  

I had the same issue for over 3 months (dry lips, peeling, pussing, back to dry, peeling, so on and so forth); sometimes it felt like I had a piece of tape over my lip.  I finally decided to visit a clinic and they prescribed a corticosteroid (eg. Prednisone).  It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.  It's basically a steroid.  I took one at night and saw immediate results the next morning!  I just finished my prescription (twice/day for 5 days) and my lips are 99% healed.  I highly recommend asking your doctors/physicians if they could prescribe it.  
Hello all.  I just went through this and I am now on the other side of it... I believe.. I read through this forum as I started dealing with it and I felt that it helped.  

Back in Feb of 2014 I started to notice a dry, circular patch on the right side of my lower lip and it was dry and slightly abrasive. I started to put basic moisturizing lotion on it and it would suppress it but it would just keep surfacing.  If I didn't moisturize it would just reappear and it would flake a bit.  The skin flakes were white.  I went until about 3 months into May of this year and it still was there and not going away.  I had already tried some topical cold sore medication, went through the whole small tube and nothing....  This is when I knew I was dealing with something else.  Straight-up I am a married guy who has never been adventurous sexually outside of my marriage, never really was before I got married so I really didn't believe it was anything related to that type of activity.  I read through this column and others and noticed comments about other finding out it was "pre-cancerous".  I booked an appointment in early June to see a dermatologist.  In my family I do have a little bit of a history of skin cancer.  No one has ever died from it but they do keep an eye on it and numerous family members have had the derm folks cut pieces away from their body.  They did a biopsy on it... nothing complicated... a quick little needle which froze the area and then basically cut the top of that area off my lip... didn't feel a thing after that... they used liquid nitrogen to burn the area afterwards - could smell the burned skin - essentially it blistered and healed and all I was directed to do was keep it clean and put some polysporin on it as it healed.  I went to my 2 week results appointment today.  It is fact was pre-cancerous.  It hadn't gone cancer at this point but was in a pre-stage and the doctor praised me for taking action to come in early.  They burned the area again today and I have another 3 month check-up but all seems like its going to be fine.  I am just really encouraging you folks that if it doesn't go away and you have the means GO and see a dermatologist.  We never know when something like this COULD go nasty.  It is not a big deal at all IF you go early.  I am not a doctor and can't say that all of these are pre-cancerous but others have gone through this and I just did.  I can honestly say that I am not sure I would have gone in when I did had I not read this forum.  I am thankful for that.  Back in 2008 I had a 30 year old step- brother - not blood related -  die within a year and a half from oral cancer.  Was the peak of health and in just under 2 years was gone. Hope this helps guys.  I have appreciated this forum.  God bless. John 14:6
From what I have read and talked to my Doctor about, this lip condition that I also have can be related to sensitivity to acidic foods, allergies and autoimmune diseases (or even the onset of them- where a test would unfortunately not indicate that you have them yet - they think this is my situation). What I have, as some of you have mentioned, comes and goes with what seems to be no rhyme or reason - with autoimmune diseases flair ups happen in this same way.  It is not always known what causes them.

Mine is bothered and made worse by acidic foods - if I eat citrus fruits or tomatoes or sour candy (citric acid).  

FYI... You can cure auto immune diseases with ****** therapy.  Working on that myself.  Google it!
Don't understand why my FYI advice was censored...
I think you and others who say this is caused by fungus have made the correct diagnosis for many of us posting here.  Obviously something that doesn't clear up should be looked at by a dermatologist to rule out a precancerous condition.

I have just developed the problem described in these posts.  At first I thought of cold sores but I have never had a cold sore previously and this is not painful, just annoying.

For the past couple of months I've been fighting raging athlete's foot.  I have had mild athlete's foot a couple times before but this is much worse.  After reading your post I think it is no coincidence that I developed this new lip problem for the first time.  I will look for a fungal treatment remedy that is safe for the mouth.  
I just developed a dry spot on my upper lip on the left side. It came around a few days ago, I attributed it to stress, but after reading some of your posts I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go away I'll see a dermatologists. I've been applying EOS and another lip balm that I can't think of the name right now. It does have that same type of tight feeling, but I don't think anyone else has noticed it. Hopefully it will go away soon.
I love this forum it was so helpful. I have the exact same condition as everyone else who has posted on here.

Tried the Clotrimazole 1% antifungal cream 1st because I already had some in my medicine drawer. Used it one evening & applied before bed. In the morning condition was the same.

Went a bought, HerpecinL at walmart ($5) and within 2 hours of applying it religiously my dry patch separated from my lip and peeled off. Lip feels completely smooth and normal again. Hopefully it stays that way! I am going to keep applying the HerpecinL just in case for the rest of today.

My only confusion is that I have had cold sores before (never on my lip) and they were angry mean sores... and this patch didn't hurt or get aggravated with my constant rubbing/biting... so I am surprised it reacted to the herpecinL? Weird. Maybe it was just a more friendly cold sore than my others.
I am thankful to have found this thread. Like everyone else I had the same dry patch that felt like tape stuck to my lip. I struggled with this for over a month and used several types of lip balm to no avail. After reading all comments here  I was able to narrow it down to either a lip fungus or Actinic Keratosis. I then did research on organic apple cider vinegar treatments for both and found that neither type of cell/growth is compatible with vinegar.  I applied Bragg's Organic apple cider vinegar ( "with the mother"...  I don't know why this is important but it is) with a Q-tip and the cells immediately turned white. I should warn you that this stings A LOT.  I applied  the vinegar 4 times more that day and each time it stung less. The next morning it was completely scabbed over. I applied the vinegar several times more the next day just to be safe. During this time I did not use any type of lip balm or lip stick.  The scab came off after a few day and the dry patch was 100% gone. Thanks to everyone who has posted here. Had I not found this thread I would not have figured this out and would have gone to the dermatologist and probably fought with this thing for months in total frustration.
I am so glad I found this thread!! I have the same problem and I suspected it was a reaction a lipstick or gloss. After 9108 mentioned Keratosis, the light bulb went on. I have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms that I have been able to mange to 99.9% elimination by going gluten free (which also stopped my eczema flairs). I researched the lipstick and it has gluten in it! No wonder my tummy has been a bit unhappy and my lip has the 'tape' feeling. I am just using Aquaphor until my body eliminates it. Thank you again!!
I am a male and I too have the same problem on my lower lip.  It appeared about two months ago.   It is a dry patch that feels like tape on the lip.   It seemed to be deeply embedded which prevented peeling off completely.  
Worried that it may be cancerous, I showed my MD who examined it under a light.  He told me we should watch the area and if it formed an outer ring he would take further action.  He said it was inflamed and told me he was going to give me an injection to treat my sinus infection and that might clear up the patch on my lip.  About two days after the injection the dry patch peeled off and my lip was normal.  About a week later the dry patch returned.
After reading all of these comments, which I am thankful, I remembered some ear drops that my doctor had prescribed me for an ear infection.  I remembered he said it had a steroid in it to reduce the swelled areas.  The prescription was Otomar HC.   It is made up of Chloroxylenol, Hydrocortisone and Pramoxine.  Chloroxylenol is an antibiotic that is used for treating infections caused by bacteria or fungus.  Hydrocortisone is a steroid used to reduce inflammation.  Pramoxine is a topical anesthetic.  
It states that this medicine is to be used only in the ears and avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose or lips. Rinse with water if contact is made in or on those areas.
I applied a little amount on my fingertip, (a very small amount) and dabbed it exactly on the dry patch.  It seemed to absorb the oil immediately.  I did not touch the area with my tongue or close my lips for 10 minutes then I dabbed the area with a wet napkin.  I repeated eight hours later.  The next morning the area had peeled off and my lip is normal again.
I realize what I did was contrary to instructions concerning the use of the product and I’m not suggesting this action be repeated by others.  A person should always read and follow instructions, when using a product or trying to put together children toys.  When the GPS is broken, a man should stop and ask for directions……the children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years.  Even in biblical times, men wouldn’t ask for directions.
I am male, 30, and noticed this a few weeks ago. It was very, very strange. A small area, about a centimeter wide, was just slightly chapped and wouldn't go away. It was barely visible. But I did have the "piece of tape on lip" sensation. The strangest thing was how subtle it was, and how contained it was. It didn't seem to spread or anything. It was just there.

I never found out what it was, but I did find a way to "cure" it. I suspect it was some kind of cellular damage, because it kept coming back no matter what I treated it with in terms of lotions. I even tried clotrimazole, thinking it was some kind of fungus akin to ringworm, but that didn't do much. To be fair, I only tried it for two days before deciding to get rid of this.

I ended up just burning it off with 50% lactic acid. You can use this to get rid of just about any topical skin condition, such as sun spots. You can buy it at most pharmacies next to the chemical peels. Just use a q-tip to clean the area with hydrogen peroxide first, then smear a tiny dab of lactic acid over the area with another q-tip. Count to ten, then wash it off immediately. Wash with water thoroughly. If you leave it on for too long it will cause a more damage than is necessary. 10-30 seconds is enough. The area will peel a little over the next few days. Just make sure you apply a lip balm with adequate sun protection. If you left the lactic acid on for too long it will scab a little, but it won't scar so don't freak out.

After it's done peeling the skin returned to normal. Coloration seems normal. The only side effect is that the area is now slightly smoother than the rest of my lip. Just slightly. That's pretty typical after lactic acid though. Over the next few months I suspect it will return to 100% normal as the cells turn over. Such has been my experience with lactic acid in the past anyway. The skin always appears just barely noticeably smoother if you look very close in the mirror, but it does return to 100% "normal" after a few months time.
Hi everyone,
I've read this whole thread. There seems to be three main causes.
1). Pre-cancer
2). An overgrowth of yeast
3). Acid.
I think my problem is caused by a recent increase in the amount of lemons and tomatoes I have been eating. I see that others who have done a cleanse diet also reported symptoms. Cleanse diets usually include lots of juice, in particular, LEMONS. I think this may be what's causing my lip patch. I have been consuming the juice of about three lemons a day for a couple of weeks, I love the flavor in my morning smoothies. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to stop for a while. I'll let you know what happens.
yes! i am on antidepressants! oh my gosh! this thing has been annoying me for ages, and it feels exactly like tape as one user said! i hope its the antidepressants because at least then i'll know. i'm on fluoxetine
I read through this entire thread. Even though our symptoms are the same, I don't believe all of our root causes are the same. I had the dry rough patches and tried castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil, none of which worked. I also tried scrubbing it off with a toothbrush and then applying tea tree oil, which very mildly worked a little, but did not make it go away.

I believe my symptoms were caused by overactive yeast in the body, as well as being much more acid than alkaline. As a last ditch effort, I tried Carmex as a few posters have suggested. It totally worked, and in one day! After a few weeks of frustration and intensifying dryness, my lips were back to their normal softness within a couple hours. The discoloration is rapidly fading on the second day. Try it, all you have to lose is $1.99.
This comment helped me so I wanted to confirm that mine was almost certainly yeast. I used w soap called Defense and it cleared up over night.
I have the exact same thing and the only thing that I&#x27;ve done different is I used the same electric clippers to shave my upper lip mustache that I used to shave my butthole. I did also have sex with (3) chicks last week but surely that couldn&#x27;t be it???
I have exactly the same thing.. Almost to a tee... the sneezing too.. I have been battling candida for a few months so I hope that is just because of too much yeast in my body.. I don't know how it could be herpes, since I haven't been sexually active in the last 11 months and the last time I kissed anybody was more than 7 months ago.
If you figure out what it is, please post it so we can see too. Thank you
I am very surprised to see that so many others have been afflicted by this annoying problem. I've had it twice now and both times we have been in a very dry climate (airline travel and Arizona). Here's what I did.....wash hands, apply tea tree oil to area and cover with lip balm (be sure to clean all lipsticks  and lip balms with alcohol first and then again after your liesion heals). Go to local health food store, purchase Vitmin A gel capsules. Vitamin A helps to heal skin tissue. Break open capsule and squeeze out oil and apply to the area frequently throughout the day. Apply tea tree oil again with lip balm before you go to bed. A couple of days should do it.
I have this lip problem thingy about a year ago, it comes and goes and it almost feels like extra skin on my lips. I can clearly feel the rough texture when I touch it when my hands, there are no blisters or whatsoever, just skin I think. When I exfoliate it it does come off. I'm not sure if this applies to you but I have a similar problem, not sure if this patch means anything, any ideas?
I have this hard like patch almost feels like extra skin and kind of heavy on my lip it&#39;s small but looks like a small dent.. I Peel it until hurts and then the very next day it&#39;s back! I had this maybe 5 yrs ago and at that time I was a smoker but had stop... I will admit I&#39;ve started back smoking and the lip patch is back!!  Some please help what can I do... This patch sometimes feels like it has it&#39;s own heart beat.. Very irritating!
I have it too, I’m also a smoker and I guess it makes sense it comes from that. It doesn’t itch but just a dry rough patch on my upper lip. I’ve had cold sores before but this isn’t itchy or tingly, just stiff. And I can’t see any blisters forming. However I’m still a little anxious to what it is! I’m scared t a cold corebin disguise  so I’m tempted to put lysine oitment on it. But I did that once to a non cold sore spot and it made it worse so I’m scared to put any on now! So far I’ve just been putting on paw paw to moisturize it. I’ve had this for a while but only got more stiff since yesterday. If anyone has any response to this please comment! I hope it’s just dry skin from smoking...