female with hairy bum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

female with hairy bum

hi,
i have a very embarrassing problem. im 18 and i have a hairy bum and i just wanted to know what i can do about it apart from shaving and waxing because it will only grow back quicker and stronger. Is laser treatment a wise option and if so how much will it cost for that area?
also, i just wanted to know, am i the only girl with this problem out there? i feel so abnormal! im almost too embarrassed to go to a doctor about this problem as im scared they will laugh at me and have never been approached with a problem like this before! do you think i should approach a doctor?
i just want it gone! any help?
Thank you x
First of all rest assured that no doctor is going to laugh at you.Hiar can be present on any body part,buttocks are no exception.You are not unusual having them.There are many others having the same problem.

There are various methods like shaving,bleaching,depilatory creams,electrolysis or laser hair removal are available to remove the hair.Out of all these laser hair removal is the most long lasting.Nd YAG  laser is very effective in long term reduction of hair.Risks include the chance of burning the skin or discoloring dark skin with the laser, hypopigmentation (white spots), and flare of acne.

Pls consult a dermatologist/cosmetologist and discuss this with him/her.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
oh okay, i realised when searching for laser hair removal the guideline prices are all based around bikini waxes, leg hair and facial hair, do you think a specialist would think it odd that a patient has come in about buttocks?
and also, i know you cant answer this question precisely but how much ROUGHLY do you think it might cost? (i live in england by the way)

Thank you
Its a myth that hair will grow back darker and stronger if you remove it. If it is darker its because it has not been bleached by sun or light because it is new. All the hair on your body grows much the same
The approximate cost of laser hair removal of buttocks in England is 500 pounds.I am forwarding you a link from where you can have more information:

http://www.xclusivetreats.co.uk/xclusive-treats.php?referer=4552

I would suggest that you get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

hi, i'm a female and have the same problem as you. Only difference? I'm 13 years old. Yup, its SO embarressing as most people my age don't even have to shave their legs yet.
i shave my legs (which doesn't do any good as it grows back stubbly and discusting) and have my tummy, arms and bikini line waked; and i'm still hairy everywhere (no exageration).
Soo any help for an really self-concies (don't mind the spelling) teen?
Much appreciated :)
Hi I am 21 and realised I had a hairy bum this started making me depressed and I felt abnormal. So I decided to get it waxed and that is the best thing I could of done only had it done three times and I am telling u the different is amazing at first I felt embarrassed because I needed to do this for me and I'm glad I did. Waxing is better then the hair removal cream because its actually taking the hair from the roots plus the hair starts growing back thinner this last for 4-6wks but I would advice u 2 get this done instead as u don't want to start getting ingrown hairs from the hair removal cream.

Hope this has helped u.
Hi, no worries I got a hairy *** too actually my whole body lol. I been using cream hair removal it works wondrs good luck
hi
i have this painfull problem..i call it painfull cause it make me realy sad and feel like pain in my heart because of it....
i have dark hair growing faster on my face ( both sides of my face and under the chin) i make some tests since 5 years and it was hormons problem..i was having only one hormon high in result and all other hormons tests was normal....so anyway the doctors advice me to leave it and every thing will go back normal and the hair will go too...
every thing is normal now in my body but the hair never go...
please is there is anything or any advice u can give me so ican remove this dark hair for ever..i dont feel im girl like others..i feel sad and non of my friends have this problem, they all have beautiful skin free from hair...
i hope u can help me..
sorry for taking so long..
thanx alot
sesetia
Am 17 years old boy and i hv many grassy hairs on my arm, chest ,****, and legs i shave some part of my body like anus and **** but it grow more dark and thick plz help me what can i do to remove hairs permamently..
Hey, don't be ashamed, I get it too! And I'm lead to believe I'm an attractive girl, you can still be attractive and have unwanted hair. I wax it off, it hurts at first then it doesn't hurt as much, lasts a long time, and it's a lot thinner now than it was, the best thing you could ever do is buy a salon waxpot, online, or at a hairdressing supplies store, you can also get the blocks of wax there for about $10, depending where you live (I'm in australia) google is your friend mate ^-^
Hair is natural.  There's no shame in having a natural body.
hi why u gils u need to  remove hair from your butt i think u are soo sexy like that i wich to have wife with hairy butt
my skype dzirinhabtarma