hard white thing sticking out of my pores.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have hard whitish things sticking out of my pores on my nose, cheeks, chin and my jawline. ‎​​I hav beenn searching the web for answers but to no avail. On my cheeks, they are soft but on my jawline, they stick out like small hard white hairs. ‎​​I try to press them out without hurting my skin but that's ‎​​so impossible because they are under all my pores ‎​​so my pores look swollen and raised. Pls let me know if you find out anything. I have tried all sorts from skin cleansers to scrubs to masks n even wipes. But nothing helps.
It looks like clogged pores or small cysts. The best way to prevent them is to avoid treating your skin with excessively harsh chemicals and to limit sun exposure. Also use good quality cosmetics and exfoliate your skin regularly. If still the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I have been battling this over 10 years. It had gone into a sort of remission for aprox 2 years and under extreme stress a few months back it started all over agaun. Full blown, hard core.
I have seen several Drs and also Dermatologists.
Ive had so many diagnosis's but nothing has been the correct one or Id be able to get a handle on it...
its prigressed to what I feel is a lepor face...
Its srarts with a tingling itch than hard white or scaley things come out of my pores over the bridge of my nose n the sides n through my cheeks. Initiall I was to allergic Dermatitis then Rosacea then Lupus and of course acne.
my latest Specialist recently did biopsies but they didnt reveal Anything.
So she put me on a hydrocortizone n antibiotic lotion regimine that hasnt helped any. ( has been nearly 6 weeks now) Im now also extremely prickly/itchy and completely red and i.flamed and welted... Drs Arent all theyre paid to be...
Do you have cold sores or the herpes virus? Cold sores can transfer from the infected area to your face. Cold sores tingle and then get very itchy, then once scratched get very sore.
I am all but positive you meant no harm, but "I request that you see a doctor" has SO many problems with it. Number one -- those that can afford, usually do so and do not rely on the internet to find someone to help them. I read somewhere where somebody said go to the ER. THAT is NOT going to go over well at the ER. I have been chastised for BP 214/129, staph infection, broken ribs . . . could you imagine walking in with a pimple?

I have had these before. They start out as a, maybe, larger than normal whitehead or blackhead. I use a blackhead extractor to remove it. That starts the nightmare. I can actually hear them "POP" and the extractor goes what seems to be 1/8" into the skin/hole and DIGS -- leaving this huge hole, bleeding like a stuck hog and you MIGHT get the top, but you NEVER get whatever is holding this sucker into your pores. This is where I pull out my fabulous (meaning they work well) tweezers. I try to get that "hosey thing" and IF I'm lucky enough to have gotten a good handle on it -- like the other people here say, it breaks or you think you have gotten it out and when you do pull the tweezers back, you either have nothing, or MAYBE a little piece of white sticky. This particular one that started on my nose about "TEN MONTHS" ago, went to about a dime size as I tried to get out the "white" things that rise under the scab to the surface (as has been mentioned by others, as well). If my OCD doesn't kick in and I can stay away from my magnified/lighted mirror, tweezers, and extractor  . . . well, not gonna happen . . . I end up with the same thing. Huge holes, blood gushing, popping and white thing still deep inside the pore -- like WAY down. Now, it's PAINFUL, and you have one of two things on your face . . . a HUGE scab (red, rough (so, forget make-up) or oozing with pus . . . SO, forget the make-up.

Now, the one on my nose is bigger than a dime. While digging and pulling in my mirror, etc. I decided to use my extractor to take out a few blackheads right next to my nose, under my eye. Now, it has spread and I have an area the size of a teaspoon on my cheek that causes my eye to swell like it's been bopped in a fight, with the swelling scab that TODAY was red, gross, rough -- and seen by my neighbor 50 feet away that I had to finally run off to rid myself of her concern . . .

I have left out an important part. When I do push through the scab or, if I have already pulled off the scab (and my eyes are tearing from the horrific pain), I begin to run the extractor over it (not just push in one place) and the extractor starts LOADING up with what I now refer to as "white hamburger." I mean A LOT!! AND, it renews and does the same thing the next day (if not earlier). All the time blood and puss pouring out . . .

Now, what caused this to spread to my cheek from my nose (I have never had this happen before. So, today, I steamed the hell out of this area and pulled off the huge scab (it looked SOOOOO bad -- all read and rough) pushed out the hamburger and covered the whole sore in an antibacterial ointment that I was prescribed last year for a 3rd degree burn. Keeping it moist seems to help with the ugly scab that I am stuck with. But, looking up close, it is STILL full of the white knots that I guess will be there tomorrow.

Yes, I know I think that I need to learn to chew my nails or something so that I can quite messing with it -- but you would not BELIEVE how much "hamburger" you pull out of these pores. I read somewhere that this could be staph (and therefore why it spread?). I have had staph twice and have read that it stays in your system, like . . . FOREVER.  ewww. Okay, ANYBODY got ANY IDEAS? ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS IS? WHAT TO DO? It feel like it's half my face now.

If I leave it alone . . . the white things will raise to the top and sit under the scab (DO THEY EVER GO AWAY???). Is there an answer. I think it IS the horn cyst thingy that some are talking about and some say no way.Those pictures that were posted are spot on!   HELP!! I have a cruise in a month, have to turn down dates and am wearing a band-aid -- telling people the ladder fell and hit me in the face. People are starting to figure out that it's been like a year  . . . .