how can i get rid of bird mites that are under my skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

my wife and i have bird mites that are under our skin and have been for 10 months,how can we kill them.

This discussion is related to Red itchy bumps face, legs, arms...now itchy rash on abdomen..
does this mean that you don't know
where do i go to find the answer
Avatar_dr_f_tn

It is important that proper identification of bird mites is made and that you remove the bird nests in your place.  Treat  the area with an approved insecticide to ensure that there will be no future infestation. Bird mites will feed on humans but do not live for long as they cannot complete their life cycle on humans. Infestations are generally self-limiting especially if birds and nesting have been eradicated. Bites from bird mites can cause severe irritation, itching, swelling and raised reddish spots on the skin. An anti-itch cream or lotion may help reduce irritation.

Take care and regards.
I feel your pain, have had these mites for awhile myself, and no health professional seems to know or care how to get rid of them.  I have to go back to work in a week and i sure dont want to expose others but i have no choice, so broke from all of this.  I have moved and i still have the mites, they are a lot smaller.  Been taking ivermectin for about 3 weeks, dont know if it is helping or not, they all in the house and have sprayed mitecide, gonna spray rubbing alcohol today.  Took a lyme sulfer dip for dogs yesterday, smelled like hell, and gonna do it again today.  My pets have this as well as my friend, who mowed my yard at my old place, so we moved in together to try to zap these mites.  We live in lufkin tx, where are you from?
http://www.naturalginesis.com/info_bitingmites.html

This looked like it might be of interest to you both, hope it helps!
i have this problem too and i am at the end of my rope. i want my body back and i don;t know what to do. pleas can someone help me. how do i deal with this issue of bird mite. and if they can't live long on humans without a bird what are they still surviving in my new home and in my skin! i an tired of dealing with this, i need advice with a truth to it, not just ideas and possible trick,but a sure fire way to kill these things!