how long does it take to get rid of intertrigo??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

for 1 year and maybe more than 1 year, i feel a rash and itching in perianal zone. first the sugers said it is a fissure and i ve got operation but it was still itching and i went to dermatologue who said that it was an intertrigo aftwr all azomax and antifungal creams it is still itching.. doctor said that i have to use antibotics till 21 march

what can i do??
Since the symptoms have been present for more than 1 year, so I think that the diagnosis needs to be revised. Intertrigo usually responds to treatment and is treated by 4- 6 weeks of treatment but recurrences are common. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

is there a relationship between perianal intertrigo and anal sex?

because i cannot have anal sex since i have intertrigo

please say something about how it works?
An intertrigo is an inflammation (rash) of the body folds. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection. Anal sex will lead to further aggravation of the condition because of the friction rub and chafing. It is advisable to get treated first and then indulge in any form of intercourse.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.

and now my doctor says that lets test diabet if there is or not

because i got a new fistula
:(
and my  h1ac test result is 5,4, the doctor says it is normal
and gave me azomax and funit again once in a week for 4 weeks
now the new doctor has seen under the wood ligth the erythrasma  bacterias.. and gave me eritro antibiotic 2 in a day total 32 pieces.. and tinactin and pernasol bathing

what is the link between intertrigo and erytrasma?
It is good that you have got done the wood lamp examination because it is diagnostic of erythrasma. Erythrasma is a chronic superficial infection of the intertriginous areas of the skin. It is true that groins are effected but the typical appearance is well-demarcated, brown-red macular patches. The skin has a wrinkled appearance with fine scales.

It has to be differentiated from contact dermatitis, psoriasis, sweat dermatitis and fungal infections which may mimic it. Wood lamp examination and gram staining are the tests for its diagnosis. I suggest you to follow up the treatment that your dermatologist has prescribed.

While most topical Antifungal creams may provide some relief, clotrimozol is best at breaking down the outer layer of the fungal wal, allowing follow up applications to penetrate deeper. The problem is that if not treated repeatedly for long aftef it is gone and skin has been restored, it can recur.

Also yeast can be the problem and is best treated with a healthier diet. Avoid sugars, processed grain products, mushrooms, honey, and alchohol. These all add to a yeast bloom in the intestines. Dont back up or block intestinal flow. Eating easiest - to digest foods salads and vegies first, before starches or meats allows the colon to process in good order.  Furthermore, by supplimenting your diet with more green vegetables and probiotics, you can keep your intestinal flora more in check.

Eating well, daily drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water is a hood rule thumb for everybody.

It is best to not simply rely on creams and medicines to treat the symptoms of intertrigo- a wholistic aproach is more effective.
Stop it!!!  Once a proper diagnosis is made & the correct medications are used properly, the problem will be solved.  Your "magical diet plan" is not going to help (aside from maintaining proper glucose levels if diabetic), as intestinal flora has absolutely zip, nada, nicht, niente, nothing to do with skin fungal problems.  If you are dealing with a true flare up of intertrigo or fungal problems of your skin, you can try what's called a "bleach bath" (probably just made Garancelot spit out his tofu & granola) which is 1 cup of household/laundry bleach to at least a half full bath.  Be sure to dry the areas thoroughly & use an antifungal powder to keep the area dry if it is hot out or if you will be sweating with exercise or exertion.  While some "complimentary medicine" is a good thing, those who do not understand how fungal skin ailments have next to nothing to do with intestinal flora nor "fungal foods" handing out bad information can cause a lot of harm.  Interigo, yeast/fungal infections & erythrasma (for those without diabetes) has absolutely nothing to do with what you eat.  Eating things with lots of sugar is never a good thing, but eating meat & mushrooms & drinking wine, or cutting them all out, is NOT going to worsen/cure these ailments.  If anyone that has a long standing infection of this sort is reading this; please consult a doctor because all of the OTC fungal remedies aren't strong enough & you may have bacteria as well which will need treating.  Good luck & don't take any wooden nickels nor bad advice from well meaning internet "health gurus."