how long for follitus to go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

how long for follitus to go away

how long for this to go away  and shoul i take  keflex?

This discussion is related to folliculitis questions.
  • hair problems (1 replies):
    my hair is thin in the top and sometimes it get little w...[more]
  • folliculitius (1 replies):
    can folliculitus be cured
  • Bumps on head (1 replies):
    I have bumps on my head, more like zits. If popped they...[more]
  • what is this (1 replies):
    my boyfriend has a rash on his lower stomach near hair l...[more]
  • bump (1 replies):
    I have a bump on my bikini line. I pop it and blood came...[more]
Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

It may be caused by simple irritation, infections like bacteria and yeasts and friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. Depending on the severity of symptoms and the treatment, it will take a few months for folliculitis to settle down. You can use Keflex under your doctor’s guidance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.