impetigo??
I just recently noticed a small area inside my right nostril that appears to either be impetigo or a cold sore.  This looks like a cold sore, but after reading on internet, it sounds like odds are it is more likely impetigo.  It started as a pimple like lesion and looks more like a flat/slightly raised brown crusty lesion?  Please help me figure this out, or give me more info on what this could be, so I know whether to go right in to see a doctor.  Thank you.
I am having the same problem and no one is answering my post:(  I have had it for over 3 weeks, my my mouth on my cheek, it doesn't hurt, it was never an open sore, and it itches like a beast.  Go to the doctor, because if you go soon enough, you can have it cultured to rule out cold sore if it isn't, and you can have it cultured to see if it is impetigo, both are very contagious so make sure to wash your hands after you touch your face.  I am waiting for my appointment, I had it looked at last week and my doc said he didn't know, so I am going to a new doc.  
just have it looked at to be sure, and don't let anyone else touch it either.

Impetigo usually presents with reddish bumps that eventually erupt and form brown to honey colored crusts near the area beneath the nose and also in the perioral area. This is a contagious infection that may be spread through contact. It is best to refrain from touching the lesion and always observe proper handwashing. This may also be folliculitis which is also a bacterial infection. Impetigo may cluster together forming the characteristic honey colored crust.

Consult with a dermatologist since you may need antibiotics.