infected chicken pox blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

infected chicken pox blisters

All of them are soooo ***** but i din break them.. they look quite big and thou not swollen, but filled with yellowish pus.. will it leave scar after it heals? and if yes, what can I do to get rid of it?
With an infection, normally you need an antibiotic to get rid of it. You can use an Oatmeal soak which will help them from itching as much and help them heal. Then put neosporin on them. Let them get as much air as possible. After they are completely healed you can use vitamin E oil. My daughter uses that oil and she has had good results on scars. Hope this helps. You can also get garlic pills, tasteless, odorless, and take as is on bottle and it will help infection. I use it a lot for sore throats and it works. RJ

Chicken pox or varicella zoster being a viral infection will not repond to any antibiotics.Acetaminophen to control fever and antiviral drugs in case of adults is the recommended treatment.You can however apply calamine so as to prevent scratching. It is also important to maintain good hygiene and daily cleaning of skin with warm water to avoid secondary bacterial infection.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.