invisible insects infectation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

invisible insects infectation

can insects that you can't see cause eczema
  • mites (1 replies):
    i had mites a couple of months ago every couple of weeks...[more]
  • bug bites? (1 replies):
    I've gotten strange insect bites the last two nites whil...[more]
  • Itchy privates (5 replies):
    Hello, For the past 3 weeks, I have been feeling very i...[more]
  • scabies (1 replies):
    I need help! I have been unsuccesful at getting these sc...[more]
  • hives (1 replies):
    can dust mites cause chronic hives in an adult? This ...[more]
Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals which cannot be seen(dust mites).

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Shouldn't my skin and my scalp been examined, doctor using a magnifying glass and light?  To rule out dust and itch mites?  Itch mites can bujrrow under the skin and bite I've discovered.  So, I don't think the problem I am "imaging"
Beedie
You cannot see the dust mites as they are microscopic and moreover they are not parasites. Eczema is term for a group of medical conditions that cause the skin to become inflamed or irritated.It is often caused by allergies to common natural inhalants and intolerance to some foods but sometimes it is an overactive response by the body's immune system to a bacterium that normally lives on the skin or an irritant.
.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
I appreciate your comments.  They are helpful  My problems started a year ago when I stayed overnight in a hotel in N. Y. The blankets felt grimy and I tried to keep them away from me because I have such a problem with dust and many other things.  I am getting allergy shots every week and my breathing is much better. I am still dealing with the skin problem. I think it all started in that hotel bed. I had large bites on my legs the next week, (bed bug, I'm sure) but I think there was a more serious problem for me, the mites in the grimy blankets, something like itch mites which do bite. I understand dust mites don't bite.  I see my skin dr. again next week. He really doesn't want to discuss mites of any sortl.  I think I have an infestation of itch mites or some other mite but there doesn't seem to be a way to convince the dr. that that could be a possibility. Would a veternarian know more about that? Beedie.
Do you know of any doctors or specialists of some sort  who are familiar with the kinds of problems mites can cause and what to do about them?  I would feel great if I could just get rid of the skin problem I'm treating with steroids ordered by one dermatologist.  Still the itch in my scalp and body.
Beedie
I can understand your problem but unfortunately I am not aware of dermatologists who are dealing with diseases caused by mites. You can get a biopsy skin done and if there are any mites causing you these symptoms then it will come out clear on biopsy. Any dermatologist can do a biopsy and send it for examination to the lab.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Many thanks, Dr. Kaur, you have been very  helpful.  I see my dermatologist tomorrow.  My itch is better since I have been using the two steroids.
Best wishes for a very happy and healthy 2010.
Beedie

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Wishing you a very happy new year. Wam regards.