is it paraphimosis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

is it paraphimosis?

Hi I just wanted to know that I had a swollen penis after intercourse because of badly lubricated condom for a about a month but now the swelling has subsided and foreskin has been pulled back to its normal position.Is it called paraphimosis?Do i need to get a circumcision done as advised by one of the Doctors in India.Or i can take some antibiotics/treatment.Please advise.Thanks.Nikhil
Paraphimosis is a medical condition where the foreskin becomes trapped behind the glans (glands) penis, and cannot be pulled back to its normal flaccid position covering the glans (glands) penis. Whether circumcision is required or not depends on the time for which the exposure has occurred. Mostly it is a medical emergency and circumcision or preputioplasty may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.