itch all over body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itch all over body

I've had this "itch" for about 5 months. it first started  small red/white bumps on both of my pinkies and sides of hands. it has gotten worse and worse and now its throughout my entire body! Now at 5 months going on 6 i now have bumps and dry skin all over palms and hands. Red marks all over thighs. small open wounds from scratching all over especially legs. it went from my hands quickly to my thighs. then from my thighs to my calves and legs. to my feet instantly and i began to get the same bumps from my hands on my feet between toes and on my big toe. I got a cream from mexico called konaturil. it has worked exceptionally for my toes and thats what it is for. i first noticed this rash on my pinkys at school and went to the nurse who gave me cortisone cream. i will tell you right now, IT DOES NOT WORK. CORTISONE CREAM DOESN'T WORK. Its a steroid that will only enhance the itch and make move around your body as soon as its washed off. I am also looking for help of this "Itch" its very annoying. PLEASE ANYBODY HELP!
Scabies is an important possibility to be ruled out from your symptoms. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.