itchy bumps on butt

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy bumps on butt

hey, needed some help. i have cluster of bumps on my upper butt cheeks. they came about two month ago and were present for about a month and after putting some medicine on it (ecemza cream) it went away. when i wake up in the middle of the night i have a bad habit of always scratching my butt. probably 2-3 days ago, i was scratching my butt cheek and i noticed that the bumps seemed to be coming back in the exact same place. is this eczema? maybe herpes? the bumps dont pop or blister and they calm down when i dont scratch. i have eczmea on my legs as well. my question is could it be eczema if it came back at the SAME place? or could it be herpes. any help would be appreciated
These symptoms can be due to moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing, the pressure of sitting, chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper, certain food irritants, medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives, infections like STD’s and pinworms, anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and folliculitis.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching plese take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.