itchy bumps similar to bug bites

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy bumps similar to bug bites

I few weeks ago I started having little hard itchy bumps on my lower legs. I figured it was just razor burn and let it go. However it still hasn't gotten better. I even tried not shaving for a couple weeks. It's now spread to my arms some. I know it's not allergies because I was tested for allergies a few months ago and came back negative for all but cow dander (which I haven't been around since the fall). Hydrocotisone cream helps some but not for very long.
This rash can be due to contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or folliculitis skin. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.