itchy mole, red ring around it

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy mole, red ring around it

Im so scared because I have a mole on my stomach that itches so bad. it is red and irritated and it has been this way for a month. it went away briefly throughput the month and i forgot about it. then my shirts rub on it and it flares back up. I am so afraid i have melanoma, i cant even deal with it! it is very small, i thought it might be ringworm because we took in a stray, and its not irregular borders or anything, but the itch is violent< like very intense. Help!
Avatar dr f tn
HI,

Although the mole's location is prone to trauma which may lead to itching, direct clinical examination of the mole will help determine the cause and also to ease your worries.  It is also important to know the ABCDEs of skin cancer: asymmetry, border, color, diameter and elevation. Any changes in these parameters warrants further evaluation.

Take care and keep us posted.

mole on left side lower stomach slightly below waist.  raised, itchy, and fluid or clear puss leaking.  where utility belt 10 hours a day that keeps rubbing at it.  now regular clothes are effecting it as well.  any advice will help now ultimately will see dermatologist its really ichy.
                             sincerely: jay