itchy papules

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy papules

For a few months now I have had a mysterious rash its small red itchy papules that were not filled with any fluid they look like the healing stages of chicken pox. First it started on my breasts and upper torso in the front only. I went to my GP to find out what it could be. She said it looked like it may possibly a form of herpes virus she prescribed valtrex and a topical cream and after completing the medication it did not go away and actually began to spread more on my torso and to my arms, then she suggested that it could be scabies or bed bugs however I share a bed and have physical contact with my boyfriend and also have children in the house. Since both of these parasites are contagious one would think that everyone in my household would have it and they don't. But I treated with Elimite lotion and treated my clothes, furniture, and bedding anyways. Still with no relief. Now I have had this with no relief and no answers. It still continues to heal and new ones appear and its leaving scars and I end up scratching it because it itches constantly so they end up bleeding. I have also changed my soap and laundry detergent to hypoallergenic formulas still with no relief. I am 35 year old female and I have never had any problems with my skin like this before and its starting to worry me. Since this breakout I also feel more fatigued than normal but have no other symptoms. What could this possibly be?
Tags: papule, rash, Itchy
I would really like to have some input on this please....I know its not good to go looking for stuff online but I did and what I have found that looks like what I have is lymphomatoid papulosis and I shouldn't read too much into that but it does worry me. What should I do?
From the symptoms these itchy papules can be due to viral rashes, contact dermatitis, allergies, heat rash, sweat dermatitis or scabies bites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps. If the symptoms persist then you may need topical or oral steroids for which you have to consult a dermatologist. Also then get scabies ruled out.

It os not lyphmatoid papulosis because it is a rare form of disease with characteristics of malignant T-cell lymphoma. It is present in very rare cases.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

My daughter has this same issue.  We took her to a dermatologist and she couldn't help my daughter very much.  She recommended that we rub my daughters legs with petroleum jelly.  That's all.  No real results yet.  I am frustrated on behalf of my daughter.  I wish you the very, very best.  I am considering that this may be a result of protozoa or some other parasite.