itchy skin and red bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy skin and red bumps

how this all started possibly;
I havent had a pet in my house since i was a teenager im 34 now, but i have had a dog in my house for about 4 months now. thats when i started getting the marks that looked slightly different back then, and it felt like something was crawling on me all the time. after a few weeks of that i finally saw a flea and made my roommate treat the house. we took all the towels linens and blankets to the laundry mat ( cleaning bill was over 200$) vacuumed the whole house and spray bombed it with quality flea killing spray that we had to leave the house for 2 hrs. the doctors could only come up with that i had and am having an allergic reaction to the flea bites.

Since the fleas have been removed 2 months ago and for the last 2 months;
I am always very itchy especially between my upper legs, pubic area, wrists and fore arm, but i have gotten them on the back of my shoulder awell and sometimes my head is itchy. I get theses small white or red bumps that i cant help but scratch and they become slightly larger red bumps that sometimes form small scabs with redness around them. theses marks take a long time to heal and are very itchy. It maybe all the different creams i put on but between my legs and pubic area it usually feels kinda moist all the time.

Treatments i have gotten;
I dont have a family doctor so i have gone to alot of walkin clinics. I have been on 2 skin antibiotics cycles like cipro and one other but the cipro was interupted halfway through the cycle when i lost the bottle before a trip and didnt find it for a week. I am also taking Antihistamines and been prescribed creams like betaderm and Fucidin. I also using lanacane and Hydrocortisone to stop the itching. none of these things have helped.

Am I still getting bitten by fleas? I have intensly looked for fleas around my house and have not seen any. the treatment we did on the house was thorough and expensive.  we called an exterminator for advise and bought the professional spray bomb from them and it is supposed to keep fleas out for up to a year,  but my roommate drinks alot and may have messed it up. the marks i have are slightly different now and dont have the something crawling on me feeling.
I am a very clean and healthy person, I shower everyday and constantly change my clothes never wearing something i have already worn untill it is washed. vitamin pills everyday and i go to the gym alot.
From the symptoms, scabies needs to be ruled out. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

Permethrin and oral ivermectin are the treatment options of scabies. Sometimes there may be recurrent and chronic cases which may require oral treatment of ivermectin.

So I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.  

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers